Which automatic retro car?

Re:

This:

7540507.jpg

Or something really bonkers:

aston-martin-lagonda-racem-org.jpg

Re:

Hah! That Rover is the car we had when I was born! I remember a row when my dad told my mum, a non driver, to put it back in the garage, and my mum put it literally through the rear wall of the garage. I was sat in it at the time, a mere two years old and no baby seats back then!

My next memory of it was a blow out down a Highland road at great speed causing an excursion into the side of a bridge..

Always wanted to get one, maybe some day. The hearse option would be a very good bike hauler, for sure.

Not so sure about the Lagonda!

Re:

Where cars are concerned, the words 'automatic' and 'retro' are generally not a great combination. Ageing auto transmissions are just waiting to drain your wallet.

Re: Re:

RadNomad":26kcj668 said:
Where cars are concerned, the words 'automatic' and 'retro' are generally not a great combination. Ageing auto transmissions are just waiting to drain your wallet.

I would say the opposite but there you go.

Re:

My bike hauler is a 1986 Volvo 740 estate, in the family from new (Wife's Dad bought it), 2.3 litre petrol & 3 speed + overdrive autobox which changes well and the car is pretty bullet proof.

Not my only classic car but it is my bike hauler.

Jon.

N.B the Jaguar S-Type doesn't have Mondeo underpinnings, the X-Type does: and there's nothing wrong with a Mondeo.

Last of the first generation Audi S8? Huge presence, spec and quality all for around £4K! I had one of these many years ago and wish I had kept it - truly remarkable machine and capable of 35mpg on a long run.

Re:

BMW E36 touring ? some nice 323/325 i about because people want a 328 :LOL:
Mitsi lancer estate , can be had cheaply , pretty dull but very reliable .
Galant estate , much quicker very comfy but a bit heavy on fuel , the Legnum /vr4 estates are fun but fuel :facepalm:

Only mention this as i saw one the other day, first time in many years, a MK1 granada ghia 3.0l. My brother used to have one, loads of fun, or maybe an old Jag xj, nothing rides as smooth as an old jag :cool:

Latest posts

Back