TdF 2017 chit-chat

Re:

Agree with lots being said on here about it being good to see a crop of talented, young French riders coming through. I'd be very happy to see a French rider win the race, it's been too long since Bernard Hinault won it and after all it is 'their' race. I'd love to see 'G' get an incident-free crack at it next year and there's also Simon Yates who's up there playing with the big boys. Vive Le Tour.

Re:

That was how to win le tour using the least amount of energy: focus on the strong points, be tactically astute and have the best team around you. That wasn't just for le Tour, it's for la Vuelta. Let's see if it works in a few months time.

Re:

Brilliant from Froome, and the sky team, head and shoulders above the rest

Going to miss the coverage next week!

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":1lazp5zr said:
kingbling":1lazp5zr said:
The History Man":1lazp5zr said:
I think he is a robot.
Don't know about that but he's definitely a machine. :LOL:

He's Banana Man as he's always in yellow. Hopefully, someone else will have chance to win it next year.

If they've got the legs :LOL: not adversed to Froome winning a 5th tour either but if some one else can step up and win it I'm all for a well fought race.

Re:

Either way, I'm gonna miss it all after Sunday, it's been great viewing for most of July – the race, the scenery and the commentators' discussions with their amusing streams of fascinating facts. I can't wait for next year's to come round.

Re:

French crowd no class, booing the yellow jersey.
Sky should work together (inc Froome) to get Landa a couple of seconds or secure one of the time bonuses and knock Bardet off the podium. That would be sweet!

Back