Songs I Can't Listen To Without Crying.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1v3oqmf0 said:
Black Knapkins, Watermelons In Easter Hay, and so on, Zappa is a great call Ferrus!
Them's the ones :)
For years I thought I was alone in the blubbing - turns out it's a common effect!

November 2005, Kate Bush released Aerial and I was geared up to buy it when my wife said I couldn't, I had to wait till Christmas.
"It's been 12 years!!!" I said but her argument that waiting another month would therefore be no extra stretch had some validity.

Come the evening of Christmas day and my wife took her parents back home after they had been with us for the day. It wasn't a short trip so I stuck the CD on and sat there listening to this new album. I hadn't actually just sat and listened to an album for years, I had always been doing something, working, driving, commuting etc etc.

It was all new and strange, songs about Joan of Arc, a woman with her washing machine. Side two seemed to be all one concept but it wasn't until the penultimate track, Nocturn, where she sings with her pure almost child like voice that I realised I was sitting there with tears streaming down my face. It had just been sooo long without her voice.

Mrs Bartolozzi still gets me sometimes too.

Re: Re:

ferrus":2kguecfs said:
certain Zappa solos.. :oops:

Zappa in Vancouver, BC, at the Coliseum 1971 ... my very first concert!
Amazing experience (I think I remember him having his leg in a cast at the time)

highlandsflyer":43i5afn5 said:
Wow K-Rod! That is a most excellent experience you had.

It was almost overwhelming, really (I had no idea what I was getting myself into, when I bought the ticket!) ... but that's okay, as now the world has Justin Beebler

;)

Re:

Van-the-man and ACDC ... that's an interesting combination!

:cool:

Ahhh the good ol days, eh ... where'd they all go so fast ... ?

:facepalm:

Back