Dropbox Question.

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a photobucket account, but I also have a dropbox account which is used for some writing work I do.

I am sick of the adverts on photbucket and the ransom I keep being asked to pay by them to get rid of them, so I thought about using my dropbox account instead. But, although I can see how to get a link to a particular photo, I can't seem to embed that link in the same way I can for pictures on photobucket. In other words, when using dropbox, instead of getting a nice picture in my post, there is just a link to the photo my dropbox.

Is there anyway of using dropbox and displaying the photo in a post rather than just the link?

Re:

No.1 son has come up with a solution, but I fancy the pictures are coming out a little on the large side.

What do you think?

DSC_0062.JPG

Re:

Me neither.

My son is a front end developer (he writes code for web sites) so I asked him. Like me he has got fed up with many of the host sites that are just covered in advertising, so he's done a few experiments.

With dropbox, when you copy a link the last three characters are dl=0, if you change them to raw=1 and put that link between the

Re: Re:

NeilM":2o6m37sw said:
No.1 son has come up with a solution, but I fancy the pictures are coming out a little on the large side.

What do you think?

DSC_0062.JPG

I think you should flog me that frameset! Is that helpful? Won't have to worry then! :LOL:

Back