Today's Ride

Re:

Man, I thought my bars were narrow-not anymore...Looks like a fun place to ride, Mike. Today-Monday-A nice summer day, only 74 F.-perfect riding weather. I rode South to the lower slopes of Tam and the lakes today with my old friend Gary aka Santa-still going up the hills...

Attachments

• Gary aka Santa.jpg
    Gary aka Santa.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Phoenix Lake.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 465
Re:

Cheers Pat!

Did another two loops of that circuit today. Started off with one, before going on to the more technical red route. Did about half of that, but not nearly as much fun, so when the two routes merged, I went back to the blue one. More flowing singletrack. Such a great place to ride! :cool:
Overcast here too, so it was nice and cool for a good blast!

Looks like Santa was enjoying himself! :xmas-wink:

Mike

Re:

Yeah Mike, I like the fast stuff a lot more than the slow tight stuff myself. :) Question, why do they call the hard tight bits "Technical" these days? I know it probably started as a version of "technique" , but I just call that stuff "hard" :D
Today-Tuesday- I repeated yesterday's lap also, Mike-but with a different ride buddy who was quite a bit quicker-good for me, made me work harder...

Attachments

• Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 434
  • Redwood country.jpg
    Redwood country.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 434
Re:

It's a mystery to me. As long as folk flock to the technical stuff, that's fine by me! Keeps the proper trails clear!

Always good to ride with faster riders if you can. Brings your fitness up. Just don't do it too much, or it will demoralize you! :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

Mike Muz 67":2fo36y8k said:
Rode up to Cannock, in the Forest of Dean today, seemingly a lot more uphill than down, to get to a fantastic waymarked 7 mile loop!

Well worth the effort. Despite my small wheels and VERY narrow bars, we had a great time! Berms, hairpins, lots of small up and down bits, through some beautiful forest! A few photos for you.

Fish out of water photo, as there was a downhill race on!

IMG_1284 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1285 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1287 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1290 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Not seen one of these railway crossing gates for some years!

IMG_1292 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

A couple of minutes rest before the ride home!

WP_20170625_15_28_01_Selfie(1)[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Mike

You mean Cannop ? ;)

The red, Freeminers trail isn't very rewarding .. even the downhill bits are rooty... the Verderers is great with a fantastic finale.

I usually ride them two or three times each .. and if still not too tired, will also do a family trail loop.

Brilliant facilities, fantastic location... recommended.

Re:

Yes, I went to Cannop. Did a lap of blue, then went to red run. A lot of nice steep rooty uphill sections, but I didn't really enjoy a couple of the downhills. It is a bit of a weakness for me. The riding position doesn't help, as I feel like I'm going to go over the top!
So, when I got near the blue run, I just rode that instead. I'd only missed around 200 metres of it, doing the other one

Great, flowing trails! Loved them!

Mike

Retro Spud":3addlict said:
Proper cheesed off now Mike..

Seems wrong seeing you playing on my home turf

Come and join me KK, I'm here for a couple more days! ;)

FD

Back