Yodel

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I regularly see post asking about recommendations for couriers ..................... well :facepalm:

DO NOT USE YODEL DIRECT they are utterly SH1TE

Booked a parcel for up lift Thursday (No show).

Rebooked it for Monday (you've guessed, NO SHOW)
That evening contacted Yodel via "live chat" promised next day.

Tuesday (NO SHOW) b*st*rds :x
That evening phoned and wasted 2 phone calls to a fully automated system that's U.S.
BTW I've paid in advance for delivery, will I manage to get refunded?
Also the delivery I purchased was a 24 hour one (or was that days).

Just booked with ANOTHER courier tonight, fingers crossed :?

Myhermes for budget stuff. Royal Mail if it matters. Senditnow for big stuff.

Message ends.

Re:

I had a few issues with yodel sending stuff through the business.

They small print the collection date as 'estimated' to remove any liability for not collecting it.

The real giggle was on one occasion they delivered to the guy across the road and actually came in to the yard to clarify which was his property. 'I can't uplift it if it's not on my pda' was the response and asking him to call the depot and ask for permission was over and above the level of customer service the company are willing to provide.

Also had a couple of damaged packages at my customers end. Quite what sort of person delivers a box covered in fragile and this way up arrows upside down onto someone's doorstep is beyond me. It could only have been done out of spite as the boxes are very bottom heavy when they are the right way up

I wouldn't use them if they were the only courier firm in the country.

Re:

Great news, I booked a uplift last night with Hermes and they collected today :D

That's how it should be ........

Now to try and get a refund from Yodel ........

Re:

Am I being stupid? :?

"Our courier has been unable to deliver your parcel as it exceeds the maximum size authorised in the myHermes network (245cm combined dimensions, 120cm length or 15kg). Please see our terms and conditions for further details."

My parcel is 100 x 84 x 19 cm and weighs 7kg.

That would be a send it now size parcel.

Its the circumference along the largest size that you need to keep under 245cm for myherpes. They only check them at the depot and then charge an admin fee plus new rate.

Yours is 368cm

I only used them once and they lost the parcel. :roll: never again.

Back