Songs I Can't Listen To Without Crying.

Repack Rider":2fem5sl3 said:
I have been around the music business long enough that I have smoked a joint with Jerry Garcia, and when I met Janis Joplin, she was wearing only red panties.

Holy shit!

My first exposure to Jerry's playing and Janis's singing was listening to Radio Luxembourg on a crystal set back in the mid 70s, long after I ought to have been asleep!

A live performance of Turn On Your Lovelight, Janis sparring with Pigpen on vocals, Jerry's guitar climbing melodically into the stratosphere.

Thus ensued a life long passion for both Joplin and the Dead.

Thanks for a very cool contribution, and I hope that ends up in one of your books!

Re:

George Ezra... Budapest, my grandaughter loved this song and it will always bring memories of her happy smiling face

syncrosfan":8tf1pcps said:
Townes Van Zandt, Our Mother the Mountain

One of my heroes.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world; and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that!"

Steve Earle.

Re:

Somewhere Over The Rainbow :oops:

I cannot help it, it gets me every time. A rendition by Judy Garland at the end of her career is somehow more powerful and emotional than when she first sang it. Also the version by the female country singer who died before her time (name escapes me) is a major blubfest :oops: :oops: :oops:

This song makes me cry
Agadoo doo doo push pineapple shake the tree
Agadoo doo doo push pineapple grind coffee
To the left to the right jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night sing with a hula melody…

:LOL:

Back