Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Saturday-The 2 day Fairfax Festival starts today, with food, drink, and free live music. A ton of people downtown. I stopped and listened to some tunes from a pretty good band, then left for a spin up White's Hill and back home via the old Railroad Grade. took a snap of the little treehouse I discovered recently, accessible only by a small trail-very cool...

Attachments

• Treehouse.jpg
    Treehouse.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 694
  • Obscure trail.jpg
    Obscure trail.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 694
  • White's Hill.jpg
    White's Hill.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 694
  • Parade float.jpg
    Parade float.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 694
  • Crowded downtown Fairfax.jpg
    Crowded downtown Fairfax.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 694
  • Main Stage.jpg
    Main Stage.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 694
Re:

Beautiful Deuce a few posts back!

Along the same lines yesterday (sorry didn't have time to post then) I combined my two passions - cycling and drag racing.
There's a drag strip about an hours ride away through some great forest trails, the perfect first outing for my new (to me) Intense Tracer.

Warm and sunny on the ride there, liked the feel of the Tracer, suspension but not too much of it - unlike the Uzzi and 5.5 that I've owned before.

Spent the afternoon watching hot rods and muscle cars duelling it out, let me say now that the sound of a blown V8 though open headers cannot be beaten.
Then on the ride home, good timing in some ways and bad in others, the heavens opened up with a full on thunderstorm. It was like riding in a shower-cubical placed onstage at a Metallica gig, trails turned into streams and I felt like an 8 year old riding through an endless puddle :D

Great day!

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_6110.jpg
    IMG_6110.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_6173.jpg
    IMG_6173.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_8973.jpg
    IMG_8973.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 686
Re:

Today-Tuesday-A ride up 900' or so to the West of town-warming up here about 78 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Iron springs Road.jpg
    Iron springs Road.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 661
  • SF Bay.jpg
    SF Bay.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 661
Re:

Today-Wednesday-It's starting to get hot around here-only 83 F. here in Fairfax today, but by the weekend it's going to be in the 90's F.-We went out before noon and rode up a mostly shady but steep at the top climb we have nicknamed Heart Attack.Then to the lakes on the lower slopes of Tam...

Attachments

• Top of Heart Attack.jpg
    Top of Heart Attack.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 642
Re:

Today-Thursday-We rode up to the West about 900' or so. I was amazed to find fresh wildflowers growing up at the top in this dry, golden area. Moderate temps today- high 70's F.-but supposed to have a 4-5 day heat wave in the 90's starting tomorrow. Might be a good time to go to the beach... :cool:

Attachments

• Tam to the South of us.jpg
    Tam to the South of us.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 621
  • Late Spring Wildflowers.jpg
    Late Spring Wildflowers.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 621
Re:

Today-Saturday-Not nearly as hot as predicted, only 84 F. Nonetheless, we rode up Iron Springs road to the west of town about 900' up as it is mostly in the shade... :cool:

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 589
I think some of your forecast heatwave turned up on these shores Pat. Proper hot yesterday as it hit 30 (86). Managed to get a quick 80 min blast around the local woods. Can't wait to hit the holidays and spend some extended quality time in the saddle, scaring myself to new levels as I try and conquer (survive) the Alps.

BXLBIP.jpg

There are way too many stiles around here!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/2270928620

Re:

Al-the alps sounds good. I'm going to the Sierras to Lake Tahoe in August...Today-Wednesday-The heat wave continues around here- 100 F. ( 38 C. ) the last 3 days here, while only 92 F. today-so an early ride to beat the heat up to Tamarancho about 900' up...

Attachments

• Tam today.jpg
    Tam today.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 525
  • In the shade at the top.jpg
    In the shade at the top.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 525
Re:

Today-Saturday-The heat wave around here is finally over-a pleasant 80 F. and sunny . We rode up to the West of town the steep way...

Attachments

• Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 487
  • Another slide area.jpg
    Another slide area.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 487
Re:

Rode up to Cannock, in the Forest of Dean today, seemingly a lot more uphill than down, to get to a fantastic waymarked 7 mile loop!

Well worth the effort. Despite my small wheels and VERY narrow bars, we had a great time! Berms, hairpins, lots of small up and down bits, through some beautiful forest! A few photos for you.

Fish out of water photo, as there was a downhill race on!

IMG_1284 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1285 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1287 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1290 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Not seen one of these railway crossing gates for some years!

IMG_1292 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

A couple of minutes rest before the ride home!

WP_20170625_15_28_01_Selfie(1)[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Latest posts

Back