Does Anyone Else Enjoy Housework?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
I love to get the Dyson out, and there is nothing like the scent of bleach and pine disinfectant as I work my magic on the bathrooms!

Have I stepped through the looking glass? Threads on crochet? Housework?

But seeing as you asked I don't really do housework. I deliberately don't have any tables or shelves which need dusting/cleaning. The floor is wood so only needs swept and the very occasional mop. And it's very occasional. I pay a woman to iron my shirts, the rest just gets worn. I should really get a woman to clean my bathroom/kitchen/dishes as well but have never got round to it. I have many, many ways to reduce effort in the kitchen, including but not limited to the kebab shop, funny plastic wrap stuff to avoid dirtying pans/trays, buying extra pans to avoid washing them, eating from the pan, use of throwaway plates/cutlery when I can't eat from the pan etc etc. And naturally all rubbish goes in the same bin.

It costs me more, it's bad for the environment but so be it. I work hard enough as it is. Until such times as a woman wants to 'reform' me i.e. do it for me I'll continue as is. Housework is for other people. :)

The great thing is, with the right approach, you can be posting on message boards whilst doing the household chores. Only the other day I composed a lengthy reply to a thread on grouse shooting whilst cleaning my over and under. We have a large area of slate floor downstairs, so that saves a lot of hassle, and renders late toilet visits harmless.

Yes I do. Love the GTech Air Ram vacuum cleaner. And when the porcelain is sparkling

Cook everything in a wok and never wash it, adds to the flavours. I always use the used lemons from my g & t's, add them to warm water to clean worktops. White vinegar is cheap to which works great in washing machine destinking.

Don't do any housework myself.
My wife is good at that.
But I am getting quite handy with a cordless drill and mitre saw.
Love working with wood now.

There are so many things that could be said but let's stick to yep, diy can be exciting but also relaxing

Back