Patriotism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sorry, I meant the usual argumentative part where you take issue with somebody rather than the first line. My bad.

The History Man":2rimkb9m said:
Oh I'm sorry, I meant the usual argumentative part where you take issue with somebody rather than the first line. My bad.

I haven't taken issue with anyone, I just disagreed and peacefully said why. But you're pushing me towards having an issue with you. So shh.

Bats":3k2jsr02 said:
Patriotism is for scoundrels most of the time. "don't criticise your betters, do what they say for the sake of the country". Not a fan.

tintin40":3k2jsr02 said:
I wouldn't have gone to the Spanish civil war. The left lost that war thanks to Stalin.

The Comintern were the ones who got the whole international brigade thing going, and the USSR of course was the Spanish Republic's main supplier of everything they needed for war.

If you must find a Stalin related reason the Republic fell, it was the republicans' daft idea that sending the International brigades home and reducing Soviet involvement would likewise make the Nazis' reduce their own involvement. The only way you could blame Stalin for the loss would be if you wanted him to ignore the Republic's request for the Soviets to leave.

Getting off topic. But i can't find any good issues with Stalin. He did the cause of the left so much wrong. He was not a communist. I still can't understand why the Communist party of GB likes him. Plus he had Trotsky murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back