To Johnyboy666

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDM

Senior Retro Guru
I've woken to see some sillyness that has your name on it and wanted to address it so rather than just rant I am hoping to use your own last post to show why I feel you were wrong and heavy handed, you've gone all banzai and I think members have a right to reply

i'm the Mod of general and off topic, i haven't as much time these days for modding which is probably the reason that some of the threads have been a little more . . . . thinking of the right word . . . . . umm . . . petty, stupid, childish, pathetic, rude, offensive but most of all just drivel.

Because you attend the forum very little and mod even less, your input as mod of the off topic section has been minimal and I do not mean that in a measured way but more you can't be bothered anymore, if that is the case I have to ask then why you appear in the middle of the night, lock half a dozen threads by or including people you do not like then go back to dissapearing

i'd prefer to see the whole section gone because i have to read a lot of it to keep an eye on it.

Then why volunteer to mod a section you do not want to mod? Could that be at the heart of the problem?

basically as with any forum there are people who simply can not be sensible, political thread after political thread, bunfights everywhere, stupid little fights between members, god's it's dull sometimes, you all rant the same stuff at each other then if that thread gets locked you start another one, not to mention people asking should they leave or be banned, to quote that retarded orange idiot in america "Sad"

Showing your lack of independence maybe the issue. Most of the threads may appear silly to you but I repeat again, not one person is forced to go into them, no one has ever been made to post in them and no one has ever been obligated to copy and paste them into other areas.

Your real issue here are those people who go into threads to be wound up then start pressing the report button. Why go into a thread you disagree with, don't like, winds you up to then press the report button? If you want people to start being responsible for their actions then start with those types first before people who use the off topic section for off topic discussions

for the record, i am gonna start being more draconian from now, if i see something stupid i will bin it without notice and without apology, i will also hit people with the ban hammer regardless of post count and contribution in other sections, if you're being an idiot then you're gone.

That is clear by the selective locking and highlights as you have said yourself you do not want to mod this section as you'd rather it was gone, you don't spend as much time in here as you should and your way of doing things is nothing for ages then have a hissy fit and lock a load of threads in the middle of the night.

Most decent mods would have attended more, actually visit the area they have asked to mod and if things get heated, pop in to either warn people to calm down a bit or thread lock for 24 hours to allow a cooling down. Doing nothing for ages then multiple threadlocks in the middle of the night is probably the reason why you feel right but I assure you that you are not. If you want a probably modded forum you have to have a mod properly mod it

got a problem with that? tough.

Yes I have, even more so as one of those you locked was an open poll on the future of the off topic section that had a very healthy response by members, many of those are not ones you have a grudge against. At what point do you lock a very relevant thread with good opinions in which would have been very helpful in it's future and replace it with "I am the law"? even though you rarely even attend

let this be a warning, as once i've hit "post" it's starting.

Lets hope it is a proper modding standard starting and not the one you have recently displayed, being missing for ages on a forum you want the main part gone, then in the middle of the night have a hissy fit and lock multiple threads is the see saw modding that often creates problems in sections.

If you no longer have the time or desire to mod a section you agreed to mod, then please step aside rather than take out your anger on members using the off topic section for off topic topics

There is and I did consider it, it was a 50/50 choice. The part that swayed my choice was the locking of the thread about the off topics future where so many members had an input not only by vote but by comment too.

You cannot say this part of the forum is a problem when the mod themself admits they do not like the section, would rather it went and they hardly appear here anymore. If there is to be a better type of off topic section then that must include the modding of the section as well as the members and the section itself

Re:

haven't got time to read this now, locking will look later

edit:-

thought i'd reply now as i have time.

"I've woken to see some sillyness that has your name on it and wanted to address it so rather than just rant I am hoping to use your own last post to show why I feel you were wrong and heavy handed, you've gone all banzai and I think members have a right to reply"

yes you have a right to reply, my "sillyness" is getting rid of offensive comments, if that's being banzai and heavy handed . . . whatever.

"Because you attend the forum very little and mod even less, your input as mod of the off topic section has been minimal and I do not mean that in a measured way but more you can't be bothered anymore, if that is the case I have to ask then why you appear in the middle of the night, lock half a dozen threads by or including people you do not like then go back to disappearing"

i attend the forum i just don't post much these days, our attitude to modding has been one of letting you guys self moderate generally, recently this has had to change due to people being silly.

"Then why volunteer to mod a section you do not want to mod? Could that be at the heart of the problem?"

because i was asked to, and it needs doing because there is an element of people on here who struggle to contain their inner troll.

"Showing your lack of independence maybe the issue. Most of the threads may appear silly to you but I repeat again, not one person is forced to go into them, no one has ever been made to post in them and no one has ever been obligated to copy and paste them into other areas."

when you see the same names again and again you get to know who the usual suspects are, if that is a lack of independence then just to be independent i'll moderate the people who are sensible members then shall i? :roll:

"Your real issue here are those people who go into threads to be wound up then start pressing the report button. Why go into a thread you disagree with, don't like, winds you up to then press the report button? If you want people to start being responsible for their actions then start with those types first before people who use the off topic section for off topic discussions"

wait, are you telling me something i already know and to do something that i already do? er . . . i know people can't contain themselves, do you really think i hadn't worked that out? the G&OT section by far has the most issues, the posters that are regulars that love the bunfight threads innevitably end up being the people that get modded the most.

"That is clear by the selective locking and highlights as you have said yourself you do not want to mod this section as you'd rather it was gone, you don't spend as much time in here as you should and your way of doing things is nothing for ages then have a hissy fit and lock a load of threads in the middle of the night. "

yes i would rather the section was gone, 90% of the stupid threads would be gone and we could concentrate on the RETROBIKES!

"Most decent mods would have attended more, actually visit the area they have asked to mod and if things get heated, pop in to either warn people to calm down a bit or thread lock for 24 hours to allow a cooling down. Doing nothing for ages then multiple threadlocks in the middle of the night is probably the reason why you feel right but I assure you that you are not. If you want a probably modded forum you have to have a mod properly mod it"

and i'm sure you'd be such a good moderator, you seem to to be so level headed, (yes that's sarcasm) as rather than accepting that yes the G&OT section has some challenging people in it you seem to want me to believe everyone in there is such a gentleman :roll:

"Lets hope it is a proper modding standard starting and not the one you have recently displayed, being missing for ages on a forum you want the main part gone, then in the middle of the night have a hissy fit and lock multiple threads is the see saw modding that often creates problems in sections."

wasn't missing, just watching, no hissy fit, just swift and to the core of the issue, being the bunfight threads.

"If you no longer have the time or desire to mod a section you agreed to mod, then please step aside rather than take out your anger on members using the off topic section for off topic topics"

you'd miss me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back