• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The History Man":1ll0fot0 said:
Wasn't it the "Rage" thingy today?

Epic

19424172_1310891249009113_623351654528414607_n.jpg

Heres the reason why I think the rot has set in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=352960

Did my best to get things going for this year and try something out, I even had a sponsor lined up but some just had to stick the knife in.

This site has helped myself and many others in tough times but it was a real kick in the teeth when I tried to give something back.

I see the point of the thread now. Events as anyone has ever organised them will know, even more from a forum base that has it's members all over the country, are effin hard work and there will always be some who don't like it when someone raised their head above the parapet and said "I'll do it"

In almost every forum I've noticed over the last 2 years, they have seen more and more events dwindling. I feel it's mostly, they used to be a good way of catching up but now most use facebook to catch up or twitter

I wouldn't take it personal, I'm sure the other event organisers in here would have suffered the same dissapointments. The other part as well in this you young whippasnapper, is by definition, most of us are 40's-50's and as we get older I suspect the mass populous rides less so yurning upto an event with a doubled waistline and a t shirt saying I used to be famous is not high on some's list.

So, don't take it personal, you tried, it didn't work out but the hobby you love is still here and use the bits of the forum you like

So LGF,
Regardless of how things go here, is the gates ride still happening this year (and every year)? It is honestly a high point for me, has the feel of riding with my mates 20 odd years ago, meaning I come home tired but in a bloody good mood.
Even if the faceless millions on this site don't always appreciate you I'm pretty sure anyone who can be bothered to venture along the A1 does, I was even going to buy you lunch this year!

Stay but ignore the OT crap gets my vote.

phill77":2coqmkfr said:
So LGF,
Regardless of how things go here, is the gates ride still happening this year (and every year)? It is honestly a high point for me, has the feel of riding with my mates 20 odd years ago, meaning I come home tired but in a bloody good mood.
Even if the faceless millions on this site don't always appreciate you I'm pretty sure anyone who can be bothered to venture along the A1 does, I was even going to buy you lunch this year!

Stay but ignore the OT crap gets my vote.

Gates is go/ are go/ aygo

Re:

Stay because just under a year ago when I ventured over to the mtb section you were the first person to reply & continue to be helpful on my thread.
There will always be politics & other rubbish on forums but people who make you feel welcome when you join a forum are the people who make you disregard the rubbish, stay with the forum & ultimately make you want to go to events & meet these people you chat with on the forum

Re: Re:

MR OX":1sg6iocf said:
Stay because just under a year ago when I ventured over to the mtb section you were the first person to reply & continue to be helpful on my thread.
There will always be politics & other rubbish on forums but people who make you feel welcome when you join a forum are the people who make you disregard the rubbish, stay with the forum & ultimately make you want to go to events & meet these people you chat with on the forum

Great post, and a hearty recommendation for the institution that is the Cheesy Creep!

Re:

LGF, you are a welcome breath of fresh retro air, i'd hate to see you go,

that said, locking this thread (amongst others generally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back