Songs I Can't Listen To Without Crying.

Re:

Probably because the forum needs updating, the way it embeds YouTube videos is out of date.

They're fine on Windows, because Microsoft is less fascistic about stopping old stuff working, so that you have to go out and buy new stuff.

Re:

Main one for me is aerosmith - dont want to miss a thing. More because of the emotional attachment behind it.

Latest one though is linkin park - one more light. They might have changed but ive had a sneak peek behind the making of their new album and honestly every song has so much meaning behind it but that song really gets me every time.

Probably just me though as music has had a huge influence on my life (anyone who knows what Ivebeen through will understand) and because of that I get emotionally involved with songs rather than just listen to them (if that makes sense)

Re:

The music I really get touched by is normally associated with events in my life. I suppose that goes for most people.

My first ever 'performance' was at a party amongst my childhood friends, and now half a dozen are gone I can't listen to, or play, the two songs I butchered that night without choking.

Most of The Beatles later work resonates with me, as does later Elvis.

Pink Floyd has become a trial for me thanks to too many memories I just can't reach anymore.

Re:

Heard another one today, on Radio 2

The Carpenters, Solitaire.

Always reminds me of a very low period in my youth. Welled up today, and had a lump in my throat singing it.

Mike

I only recently found out about Grace VanderWaal. My loss, I could have been listening to her for a year. This musical genius emerged at the age of 12 on America's Got Talent, performing her own original material on each appearance, leading to her winning it all. No singer had ever done that. The audition video has been seen 200,000,000 times, one of the viral hits of 2016. Each song was first heard on AGT, each one brought tears to the listeners' eyes, and a standing ovation.

I understand that there are people who do not like Ms. VanderWaal. I have been around the music business long enough that I have smoked a joint with Jerry Garcia, and when I met Janis Joplin, she was wearing only red panties. I have several friends who have Grammys, and I can assure the GVDW H8rs that music professionals REVERE this young lady's talent. There has literally never been anything like Grace VanderWaal. She is the complete package, singer, exceptional songwriter, but most of all a PERFORMER who makes the audience fall in love, packaged in the cutest wrapper ever, a gorgeous teenager.

Part of her appeal is her fearlessness. The tiny 7th grade girl owns a stage as completely as Bruce Springsteen does, and she doesn't need any help doing it. It's the place she was made to be.

How many just-turned-13 girls are ready to walk out on a stage in front of 20,000 people armed with nothing but an original song and a ukulele. And OWN that crowd!

Back