Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
technodup":1io8tjfv said:
This post was made by Bats who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Rather than defend his alliance to loyalist violence he plugs his ears. Pity the man who chooses to stay behind and stand the wrong side of history - everyone else is happy to see peace in Ireland.

highlandsflyer":3dfbpxv8 said:
Corbyn nailed it on tonight's showing!

If it wasn't for the interruption of the Manchester happening, I reckon we would right up in the guts of a hung parliament.

Totally agree.

Colour me sick of the whole system.

If Corbyn gets in, the inept and the dangerously incompetent will be in power in the form of the labour arsehats that are queuing up behind him.

If robot May gets in, it will be more of the same, money flowing 'somewhere' but not where it should be and a mystery as to where it actually goes.

And then theres the one party totalitarian state that is the SNP - we're a piss tiny island, do they not realise how odd it looks to the outside world that such a teeny island should be practically at war with its self?

Locally, the Conservative candidate's team consist of arrogant power and attention seekers that are clearly just a little bit batty.

The Labour guy is all sweet and innocent and if voted in will be eaten alive by the system ending up as a carcass at the side of the road.

Theres no sign of the Liberal Democrats, I think they've been eaten already.

Personally:

I cant help but like Corbyn - however... The likeable bits are disappearing rapidly, being replaced by the same old spin familiar to Blair.

May's positives have evaporated, theres very little to like. But that doesnt meant that she'll be a bad leader.

Re:

The Scottish parliament is markedly more democratic than Westminster. Given it offers a degree of proportional representation.

"..then theres the one party totalitarian state that is the SNP - we're a piss tiny island, do they not realise how odd it looks to the outside world that such a teeny island should be practically at war with its self?"

I would suggest we, as a country, are outward looking enough and engaged to realise our fight for independence is seen in terms of many such historical battles for self determination. Unusually, in our case, we are merely wishing to return to a position we took not so long ago, and opted to relinquish at that time.

The constant argument that is the two party system prevalent at Westminster is viewed more in line with your words, given the adversarial nature of the Commons and the division caused by the polarisation of views encouraged in a whipped system. Very much an ongoing, ever destructive, civil war.

It is bizarre indeed, that the huge number of people who will vote Labour this time round may end up having no reflection in power. Again, vital issues such as our health system and defence arrangements shall be left to the whims of transient ministers who may or may not understand the need for long term views. In the case of the former they most likely won't have the chance to see through any good plans they make. In the latter case they may do untold damage.

It would improve matters to at least insist that major changes in matters like the NHS and such should require greater consensus.

The Tories May well win, but the public is clearly not desirous of the further dismantling of the NHS, so shouldn't such important bedrocks of our society be protected somewhat from the vagaries of political football?

I like that they go off of the average house price of almost a quarter million, so they can make it sound like it's a shafting of the majority. In wigan a quarter million buys a four bedroom, three floored new-build with a two car garage.

Tories who want to accuse others of financially shafting people always end up sounding as clueless as this: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_Qyk9DSUw[/youtube]

He's been ripped a new arsehole on women's hour. Not got a scooby what anything costs.

Doesn't matter when it's someone else's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back