Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Friday-Hotter out, about 88 F. and sunny. An hour and a half ride in the heat...

Attachments

• Into the woods.jpg
    Into the woods.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 854
Re:

Today-Saturday-Man, I've got to start my rides earlier! Went on an afternoon ride with two of the guys and it was 92 F. by then...

Attachments

• Sunny at the top.jpg
    Sunny at the top.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 840
Re:

Today-Tuesday-After 4 days around 90 F. it finally cooled down today. Only 72 F. when we started, and about 80 F. at the end...

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 807
Re:

Today-Thursday-The Bay Area air conditioner-AKA fog-kicked in and dropped out temps down into the mid 60's F.-nice, it makes climbing easier. Today a climb to the West of town about 900' up. Gary Fisher stopped by on his road bike this morning-a Trek Emonde. It has electric shifters and is incredibly light, just 13.5 lb. !

Attachments

• Fog over Tam.jpg
    Fog over Tam.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 774
  • Gary.jpg
    Gary.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 774
Re:

Today-Saturday-We rode up the old Railroad Grade onto White's Hill. Beautiful out, 72 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 745
  • On White's Hill.jpg
    On White's Hill.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 745
Re:

Beautiful pastoral scene, THM. :) Today-Sunday-We rode up into the Water District to check out the damage Winter did to the Concrete Pipe fire road. We found plenty of action along the way. Nice out, about 74 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Ready to topple.jpg
    Ready to topple.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 716
  • Slide #3.jpg
    Slide #3.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 716
  • Slide #2.jpg
    Slide #2.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Big Slide.jpg
    Big Slide.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 716
Re:

Today-Monday-Starting to get a bit more fit. Made the climb up Iron Spring Road within 10% of my usual time, so it's coming around. Nice out, about 72 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Foggy Bay.jpg
    Foggy Bay.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 690
  • Tamarancho.jpg
    Tamarancho.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 690
  • Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 690
Paid my respects.

Up again and over.

35ish mph on nice gravel descent then pop! valve torn out under braking. Tube already had two patches so had some use. Called the recovery truck as no spare tube. Usually carry one. Pleasant wait on the farmer's memorial bench. Respects paid again.

Latest posts

Back