Identify marzocchi forks please.

DANfour20

Retro Newbie
Hi guys swapped these for some u turn Tora's 318 (not air sprung) but I can't figure out which model they are, I'm thinking z1 drop off from 04 but there is no eta? Thanks for any help. Also when compressed I hear oil swishing around (sign of needing service?)

Attachments

• IMG_20170523_232751500-582x1036.jpg
    IMG_20170523_232751500-582x1036.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 942
Anybody? They have 160mm of travel, two black dustcaps on the top covering two Schrader valves, no other form of adjustment.

no idea which model.
m brace suggests you are right its mid 2000's
no brake studs? disc only might narrow it down
if that long travel must be something dropoffy.
swishing oil is normal I think.

RickTheUncivil":xgoqeuvg said:
no idea which model.
m brace suggests you are right its mid 2000's
no brake studs? disc only might narrow it down
if that long travel must be something dropoffy.
swishing oil is normal I think.
hi thank you for replying and yes it it disc only, the ring code on the left lower has 04 in the middle why I said 2004, wish they had some kinda code printed to help identification. I'm swaying from thinking it's a z1 as Far as I have read it should have an ETA dial on the top left but it's just a valve on both sides of mine.

Kinda missing the adjustability of my Tora's already though, the rebound on these marzocchis seem a little sluggish and afaik I can't adjust the rebound just air preload.

Re: Re:

mechanicalvandal":3jntdovk said:
Probably one of the 'All Mountain' range would be my guess.

I pulled them apart they need new seals anyway, one of the rods is plastic and the other is metal (rebound adjustment)? They sound like the drop off 3 but mine have standard QR not 20mm (could this be an OEM variant?)

Back