Today's Ride

Re:

Looks like a great way to get to work, Mike. Today-Saturday-Hotter, about 80 F. - So we rode up the lower slopes of Mt. Tam about 900' and to a cool shady spot to hang out before the ride back down to town...

Attachments

• Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 659
  • Big boys.jpg
    Big boys.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 659
  • Concrete pipe road.jpg
    Concrete pipe road.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 659
Re:

Yup, looks good, Mike. Today-Warm, about 78 F. and sunny. We climbed about 800' to the West today...

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 626
Re:

Today-Monday-Didn't ride today, had a bunch of errands to do-too hot anyway, 88 F. BUT- I did get this cool old Fisher Downhill MTB dropped off at my place today to look after. It's an older Downhill MTB that has a special paint job by Painter/Drummer Prairie Prince ( The Tubes, Todd Rundgren, Journey to name a few) He hand painted this bike for Gary Fisher and every bluebird is slightly different, with a fade from white to Yellow on the background. It's got 8 inches of travel and weighs a ton! However, I'm thinking it would be cool to push it up Repack and bomb back down again on it- I'll keep you posted... :)

Attachments

• Chain keeper.jpg
    Chain keeper.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 615
  • Bluebirds.jpg
    Bluebirds.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 615
  • Bluebird driveside.jpg
    Bluebird driveside.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 615
  • Bluebird bike.jpg
    Bluebird bike.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 615
Re:

Funky!

I think you'll be looking at getting close to the record on that rig, Pat!

I was thinking of doing a funky paint job on one of my Fishers

Mike

Re:

Went out yesterday evening with some locals and it was awesomely fast paced and dry, no pics I'm afraid. I went out today though on my new kirk and tbh shouldn't have, bonked 30 mins in due to not listening to my body saying rest.....buggered.

Still good though and managed a pic though.

Re:

Had a bimble about with mates in Inverness, ended at the new university campus before going our separate ways.

Weird clouds, which I didn't get any great shots of as I had left an old lens on the camera, and only had a fifty with me that was anything like sharp.

qxm0e9.jpg

2iw3txv.jpg

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":cqjuffi0 said:
Had a bimble about with mates in Inverness, ended at the new university campus before going our separate ways.

Weird clouds, which I didn't get any great shots of as I had left an old lens on the camera, and only had a fifty with me that was anything like sharp.

I'm no expert but I think them's is Lenticular clouds.

Re:

Today is what it's about. well for me anyway. I started on the right and went all the way off pic to the left up to here. Glorious day, sun, smooth changes, bit of effort, bit of reward.
I really have a lot to be thankful for. Cheers guys.

Back