Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My local tory councillor told me he was in touch with the people, he also told me that if elected he would do something about my road being closed for so long. I told him that if he was so in touch with the people he would know that the road would be opened by the weekend :facepalm:

Re:

Mmm...increase the national debt with a result of the wealth of the richest 1% growing exponentially whilst a growing number rely on food banks and child poverty is on the rise
Or
Potentially increase the national debt to reinvest in our country for the benefit of the many with all its associated ripple benefits.
The Tories have ground this country to a halt...austerity measures never work and haven't worked for the country, but a few have benefited. Same old Tory shit.
More jobs? By what measure? Remove all the zero hour contracts and low income self employed stats for a real figure.

Re:

I think you make a fair appraisal Techno.

People do tend to the status quo; something the Brexit result, I feel, was a rare exception to.

I do think the manner in which Corbyn and Fallon have discounted working with each other and the SNP to prevent a Tory government is amazingly counter intuitive, given their potential share of the vote.

That policy backfired on Milkibland, not that he was ever going to win, yet Corbyn adopts the same.

Yes, I don't give a fig about the Liberal leader's name. Who is he?

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":gnwc151x said:
The Tories have ground this country to a halt...
If that was true they'd lose.

Fact is Corbyn is going after a very particular electorate, the young and idealist, the unemployed and unemployable and hand wringers. Trouble is they are very much the minority. For everyone who has a job, owns a house or has a mortgage he's offering them nothing.

And I suspect those people are not only fearful of old Corby, they're looking at the rest and thinking how bad a government of Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell would be. Not to mention Rayner, the least educated potential education secretary of all time.

Borrowing up. Taxes up. Unemployment up. It's what Labour offer, and it's not attractive.

Re:

By any measure, if the current conservatives were measured by their actual results, they would not win the next GE, that's why May refuses any meaningful debates and is resorting to mindless Goebbels-esque propaganda techniques. 'Strong and Stable', repeat a lie often enough and people (the majority of the voting public that spend very little time actually studying politics)
will believe it.
They also have the support of the vast majority or mainstream media from the political wing of the BBC through to the majority of the newspapers.

Your opinion of who Corbyn is attracting is just that...and with respect, a very narrow and patronising one.

Borrowing up? Most certainly and very effectively, under this government with nothing to show for it apart from the exponential growth in wealth of the top 1%

Taxes up? Yup, VAT up to 20% under the conservative government whilst lowering the income tax for the top income earners and corporation tax. The Conservatives tried to increase the NI contributions at the last budget, reversing an election pledge, but were beaten to retract this by, well, just about everybody. Quite transparent whose interests the Conservatives are looking after.

(Un)employment up? Well, I guess that depends on what you call a job. Zero hours contracts are included in today's figures along with the self-employed...you know, people who deliver for MyHermes or Deliveroo or a taxi driver. I want to see real jobs with vocational training.

It's an urban myth that the Conservatives are strong on the economy...history supports the opposite.

Harryburgundy":tan3ut5w said:
Your opinion of who Corbyn is attracting is just that...and with respect, a very narrow and patronising one.

Borrowing up? Most certainly and very effectively, under this government with nothing to show for it apart from the exponential growth in wealth of the top 1%

Taxes up? Yup, VAT up to 20%
Sorry, I forgot to include public sector drones, although I'd bundle them in with the hand wringers. By and large people with anything worth protecting aren't voting for Corbyn's 1970s vision.

Taxes and borrowing are up because Labour left a structural deficit, that is they were spending more than we earned even when the economy was good. By definition structural deficits, as opposed to one off cyclical ones take longer to address, because the solutions aren't politically attractive. Nobody wants less services or higher taxes.

Corbyn's answer is to borrow £500bn because rates are low (not that they will be forever), and spend it on creating fake jobs which we'll be paying for until we all die.

And whoever we borrow from, wants it paid back. With interest. Which means more of your taxes going to the 1%, be they here, in China or wherever. Which is what you don't want. Make up your mind.

The answer, however unpalatable it might be, is to do less.

Re:

Taxes and borrowing are up because Labour left a structural deficit, that is they were spending more than we earned even when the economy was good.

That old Tory bullshit.

The Conservatives inherited the lowest debt in the G7...something Osborne was unaware of.

When they took power in 1997 Labour inherited a debt of 42% of GDP...by the time the global banking crisis hit that was reduced by 22% to 35% of GDP...but I guess in typical Tory fashion you're going to try and blame Labour for the global crisis.

I could go on but I'm bored of talking to someone who laughs of child poverty, homelessness and uses puerile terms like hand-wringers and public sector drones, both of whom are likely to contribute more to any society than you.

Harryburgundy":1l8jv556 said:
Taxes and borrowing are up because Labour left a structural deficit, that is they were spending more than we earned even when the economy was good.

That old Tory bullshit.

The Conservatives inherited the lowest debt in the G7...something Osborne was unaware of.

When they took power in 1997 Labour inherited a debt of 42% of GDP...by the time the global banking crisis hit that was reduced by 22% to 35% of GDP...but I guess in typical Tory fashion you're going to try and blame Labour for the global crisis.

I could go on but I'm bored of talking to someone who laughs of child poverty, homelessness and uses puerile terms like hand-wringers and public sector drones, both of whom are likely to contribute more to any society than you.
Come back when you understand the difference between debt and deficit, and how they relate to each other.

Oh and PLEASE go and find the quote where I 'laughed' at child poverty or homelessness. Please. Or else stop putting words in my mouth. Or, seeing as you can't do that, read these. Note the nasty right wing media biased source...

80% of McD's workers happy to stay on ZHC. https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... rs-workers

190 seat majority for the Tories https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... ooks-bleak

Re:

I'm one of those 'hard working people', that owns their own home, has no kids and takes very little from this or any government... yet I will always vote Labour, it's who I am. Just the Tories stance on blood sports is enough to make me hate the scum, never mind most of their others policies.

F*ck the Tories.

al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back