Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I send 'Scottish' tories away from my door, with derisive laughter ringing in their ears.

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":38vepxkv said:
I really just don't understand how anyone could possibly vote for this Conservative government.
Just how bad do things have to get? - and I'm not standing on my box and suggesting you vote Labour or anyone else, but how on earth do you justify a vote for this government?

Agree with this. They fought the last election on a ticket of financial ability but have done nothing to back this up. Osbourne is now routinely seen as a poor Chancellor, even in the right wing press. What happened to all those targets and the stability austerity would bring?

Prominent Tory MP's lied throughout brexit and continue to do so now. You literally can not trust a single promise they make.

Public services are on their knees across the board. It's only the hard work of staff that prevents them collapsing. I'm a fire fighter and our service has been savaged. Fire deaths are up, response times are down and if we do get to you we are likely to have too few crew members to carry out our job safely. Fire, Police, Ambulances, Council services like bin collections, road repairs, litter collection and the NHS are all on the verge of collapse. The worst is yet to come.

May is the weakest PM I can remember in my life time. Refuses to appear in public, struggles off script, has no charisma, caves in under pressure and has no influence globally.

Vote for who you want but I struggle to see how anyone can think voting for this mob is a good idea. The Empire has gone, get over it. :facepalm:

brocklanders023":2uko2g2q said:
What happened to all those targets and the stability austerity would bring?

Public services are on their knees across the board.
We're still spending more than we earn.

Corbyn's solution is to borrow another £500bn to throw around like a drunken sailor. What's yours?

I think we need to adjust to the new normal myself. Accept that we can't afford to endlessly increase spending on the NHS. Accept that more government isn't the answer to everything. Accept that every penny of debt is a tax on the next generation.

Portillo put it well on TW the other day, that more government debt/spending is a flow of cash from the poor to the rich. Government issues gilts to raise money, interest needs paid, that interest comes from income tax. Who pays income tax? PAYE workers. Who buys gilts? The rich.

There aren't easy answers, my preference is to reduce the tasks we even look for answers to. That would be a start.

Re:

How about the other view that the reason we are still in this mess is that the Tory austerity route was the wrong one?

We'll never know if the Labour route would have worked better but we certainly know the Tory one didn't.

Re:

Oh, and why should we trust the Tories? What have they done in the last 7 years to make us believe they know what they're doing?

brocklanders023":1y9kimk7 said:
Oh, and why should we trust the Tories? What have they done in the last 7 years to make us believe they know what they're doing?
For most people not a whole lot has changed, it's one of the reasons they are so far ahead in the polls.

Interest rates low. Inflation low. Unemployment low. Jobs and money, it's what people think about.

For most people more of the same is no bad thing. Oh and they delivered on their big promise of the last election, a referendum on the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back