Today's Ride

Re:

Had to go back to see the full display today. Beautiful. Basically spent my time messing about in the woods.

This is much steeper than it looks

Then down through what looked like a nice smooth field. The cows had made sure it wasn't.

@pat. stem lowered bars changed. Much improved.

Re:

Flowers are really beautiful, THM. I've been off the bike for the last 3 days with a sore right knee, but it's feeling better and will try it tomorrow...

Re:

I managed to drag myself out of bed early enough for a pre-work, pre-breakfast ride this morning.

WP_20170422_06_40_25_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Top of the first drag, around 15 minutes of uphill. Into the countryside :cool:

Before a long gravelly descent, followed by another ( road ) climb, onto the South Downs Way.

IMG_1057 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Having recently worked out how to do selfies, I did one of those, too :roll:

WP_20170422_06_59_51_Selfie by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Before riding past the pig farm, and down from the Downs, to the Downs Link, a gravelly flat path, alongside a river, and into work!

WP_20170422_07_31_05_Selfie by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I don't know what the hell is going on with my leg, there! :shock: Looks like I've been in the bath too long. :LOL: :LOL:

Then time for a cup of tea, and some toast! :p

Great start to the day! :cool:

Mike

Isnt it great that due to very little rain in mar/apr all the mud has dried out. ( this UK btw) In some parts on my local routes, its so dry the ground is gravelly so slidey instead of slippery. :O

If it continues like this i expect some serious water shortage problems.

Today I decide to do the same ride (as friday) again on my most capable bike. I was rad and knarly. And wider. Amazing the difference 30 years makes. Both have their charms. Smiled more on the old BRat. Thought far less about ahead/line on the Salsa.

Non matching wheel rims ??!!! :O. I just couldnt even though it makes fa difference.

^^^^^ theres a topic/poll there: can you ride with non matching components? Wheel rims/hubs/brakes/shifters....

Re:

Today-Thursday-Nice out, about 70 F. and breezy. After being off the bike for the last 9 days letting my knee heal up, I headed out today. Feels great to be back out on the bike again, the woods were beautiful...

Attachments

• Shaver Grade.jpg
    Shaver Grade.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 376
Re:

Today-Friday-Beautiful out, in the low 70's F. and sunny. Up to the West of town today, with a 900' climb on the way...

Attachments

• Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Sunny and warm out.jpg
    Sunny and warm out.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 351
Re:

Another early morning, pre work, pre breakfast ride today!

Out the door at around 5.40, it was bit fresh, hence the gloves, arm and knee warmers!

InstagramCapture_8aa8a7ef-d1f9-4e9d-aa98-926d72303008 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Not a soul in sight, just how I like it. Scared a couple of huge buzzards, lovely birds They soon found another breakfast hunting area, once they turned away from the track though.
Then it was just me and some sheep, for several miles. Love seeing the Spring lambs!

WP_20170429_06_35_24_Selfie by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Now, along the main, boring track, or along singletrack?

WP_20170429_06_37_13_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

No contest! Not been along that section of main track for years, I go straight into the challenging route!

WP_20170429_06_43_13_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

This has to be my most favourite bit of off road riding ever, love it! And at the end, there is even a bench to sit on. Where you can admire the views over Steyning. This morning, with the carpet of mist slowly burning off! That is it, just below the last horizontal dark line, that is the North Downs, around 30 miles away. Reflect on your amazing bike handling skills, too! :LOL:

WP_20170429_06_46_37_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Dropping down to the river Adur, I figured out that if I gave it some, I could get up the long steepish climb, up to Truleigh Hill. So no photo there, sorry!
Just one more on the downhill into work, through the heathland, I suppose it's called.

WP_20170429_07_23_35_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Dropped into work, only three minutes late!

WP_20170429_07_35_36_Selfie by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Cool! :cool:

Then race support head went on, cleaning and fettling the bike for tomorrow's group ride I've organized! :cool:

WP_20170429_10_22_38_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

This afternoon, I tried a modern bike. Report here. You have been warned!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=367228&start=10

Mike

Back