General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

George Monbiot summed the situation up perfectly today...

"I would love to elect a government led by someone both competent and humane, but this option will not be on the ballot paper. The choice today is between brutal efficiency in pursuit of a disastrous agenda, and gentle inefficiency in pursuit of a better world. I know which I favour."

Chopper1192":1vxkm9up said:
No one can vote for Corbyn unless they're registered to vote in his constituency.

People seem to have lost sight of the fact that they're supposed to vote for the local candidate who will best represent their interests in parliament. However, fools across the nation say "I'm going to vote for Corbyn/May" when they actually can not, and they then promote some local chump to parliament because they're fixated with the party leader.

Here here.

Sadly, All of my local candidates spout the same, obvious policies. All want the same, at least WRT to anything I feel relvant and will affect me.

So, We've had visits, or leaflets, from all the colours of the local rainbow. Of four that visited/posted leaflets, 3 of them spent all their available platform slagging off other candidates. The other, simply told us their beliefs, and what (& how) they'd like to acheive, with no mention of their opposition. That's my vote settled. Attitude and personality do go a long way.

Harryburgundy":1ooulpl7 said:
Chopper1192":1ooulpl7 said:
Our public transport systems are a disgrace. Not only are they underperforming (for the users) they are subsidised by the tax payer with profits going to shareholders. How in earth do you reconcile that?

You can't, and neither can you reconcile the that some of our utilities prop up french gas/electric prices, or Labour flogging off our gold reserves at the lowest price for years. its all a bunch of conservative/labour arse. The result of 60 years of two party politics. Welcome to the pleasure dome!!!

legrandefromage":25100erw said:
I like Corbyn but I cant vote for him. The missus' works for the local government and she's seen first hand what each party does at a local level.

Labour spent shit loads on stuff but left buildings to rot. The Conservatives cut costs but rebuilt buildings where required - somewhere in the middle a lot of money got wasted by both sides. One example is contracts. Dell supplied the laptops and support for what is seemingly an astronomical price when compared to whats available commercially. There were also charges to dispose of used laptops.

Combine this with equally daft pricing for stationary - if you could get a set of pens cheaper, you werent allowed to because of a contract signed with another supplier which would have the same pen set 3 to 5 times the price.

The same applies to the NHS, drugs cheaply available elsewhere sold at vastly inflated prices to the NHS.

This isnt new, this has been going on for decades with both colours of Government equally to blame.

Yes someone else that truly sees whats going on!!

legrandefromage":13gcc4lw said:
This isnt new, this has been going on for decades with both colours of Government equally to blame.

I'd agree with that; whoever you vote for, the government always get's in. Choose whatever you will, education, transport, defence, energy, foreign policy, housing, trade...the list is a long one and many of these things should be outside party/government ideology.

This is why there's no coherence in many or all of the above, because that damn pendulum swings every once and a while from = one mediocre extreme to another.

Cards on table; I still think rail/transport and energy to name two should still be in public ownership. This is the easiest country in the world in which organisations/companies can be bought by foreign"investors".

Where's the justification in saying, when a British company (e.g Jaguar Land Rover, Rowntree, Cadbury, British Steel) is bought by a foreign one, that it is good that the buyer has"invested"in British industry ?

Look at what happened to one of our finest manufacturers ICI ?

Paradigm shift please.

Rant over.

Jon.

technodup":izakff8f said:
M-Power":izakff8f said:
May is excruciating to watch. She doesnt have the charisma and polished presence of Cameron. I like Corbyn
So you like Corbyn because of his lack of polish and charisma, yet don't like May for the same reasons?

Compare friendly hippy grandad corbyn making jam on his allotment:

may_1.jpg

may_2.jpg

may_3.jpg

Bats":pu9vorn4 said:
technodup":pu9vorn4 said:
M-Power":pu9vorn4 said:
May is excruciating to watch. She doesnt have the charisma and polished presence of Cameron. I like Corbyn
So you like Corbyn because of his lack of polish and charisma, yet don't like May for the same reasons?

Compare friendly hippy grandad corbyn making jam on his allotment:

may_1.jpg

may_2.jpg

may_3.jpg

Which posh school was that? None of the schools around here can afford Lego let alone Mindstorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back