RetroBike in decline?

Re: Re:

xerxes":1lp7vxbc said:
Or just tall.

8800362_orig.jpg

Oohhh hinges

Re: Re:

elPedro666":v1zhrcca said:
...From what I've heard, the site stumbled when Google changed the rules on advertising revenue and slashed 80% off Jon's income, which made running the site fulltime - and I believe it was a fulltime job - became entirely untenable and he was forced to resume a 'proper job'.

...the forum format is very clunky compared to something like CTC which runs on Tapatalk ...As a consequence CTC is a pleasure to bounce around, whereas RB is an effort.

Following on from this ...my guess is that mobile has hit revenue very hard. There's some advertising on the desktop version but near to none on the mobile version. I don't mind sites using ads to pay the bills, and if Pedro is correct then my guess is the site needs more ads on the mobile version. Sooner or later the site will probably need to change platform to something like tapatalk. That migration will probably be difficult and will take money. So the site needs to earn. Unless their are any retrobiker web developers on here willing to help John out redevelop the site.

Re:

Still here but mainly checking in on the rides section. Spare time is the main reason I've stopped frequenting as often.
I do try and organise a couple of rides a year in North Wales, there is a retro road ride coming up in May ;)

I'm still here but I've had a pay cut and have also run out of space to stash bikes and parts, which has put a bit of a dampener on my retro bike addition. I still scan the Sale sections once in a while in case something I'm really after comes up, and I still look at builds threads to get inspiration for my own builds.

Re:

Well I'm still here, and now I've sold my old cars I'll be around even more... you lucky people.

al.

Back