Edds Left wheeler dealers Tv show

kingbling":26sf6kdo said:
Americans have no originality all they see is the big buck seems to me the American motto is "If it ain't broke break it". I'll be sorry to see Ed go the early shows made me cringe abit with all the filler they used :LOL:

Whilst I agree with you, Don't loose sight of the fact that I spotted at least 3 adverts by sponsors in Ed's video above!

Wheeler dealers was fake right from the start, and IMO dross.

Most car shows aren't much better, and I do consider myself a proper petrolhead (Dieselhead?), the only ones I can really tolerate these days are Roadkill (ignoring the lame sponsorship that doesn't really detract IMO) and Mighty car mods.

Re:

They show it over here, also. The thing is, they never really make any money, because Ed's many hours on each car build are never accounted for- it's like the car cost plus parts, and we sold it for 5% more than we paid-not with labor deducted ever. They make their living from TV, not flipping cars. Ed really seems to be a brilliant mechanic, and very good at explaining things as he goes along- I like him...

Re:

Hit the nail on the head there Pat!

If I followed the model of the show, I would never have made any money trading cars.

Mind you, I make a loss on everything these days because I am more interested in having fun than making a profit.

That is perhaps why the show is so popular, as they certainly seemed to be having fun!

Never fear, the new guy is a great mechanic and knows his stuff.

Re:

I'd never heard of Wheeler Dealers, I don't have satellite television, but I did watch an old episode on YouTube. Channel 4 did a similar thing a while back: For the Love of Cars: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/for-the-love-of-cars.

It's been a while since I watched it, but they restored some classics to a very high standard and I seem to recall that they made a fair amount when they sold them at auction at the end of the series.

All of the current car shows seem to follow a similar format. Middle age men being blokey and going "wooo-hooo" when they drive. I have never gone "wooo-hooo" whilst driving, or doing anything else for that matter, except, perhaps, ironically.

Re: Re:

xerxes":3eq56ss6 said:
I have never gone "wooo-hooo" whilst driving, or doing anything else for that matter, except, perhaps, ironically.

You've never wooo hooo'd you poor man you'll never know what you're missing :p :LOL:

Re:

I just realised that Ant Anstead, the co presenter on For the Love of Cars, is the chap that is to replace Edd China.

Wooo-Hooo! :p

Latest posts

Back