Bad bug found in Microsoft browsing code

Nobody except those millions using locked down work computers who will get sacked/final warnings if they install unapproved software?

(Thankfully most of our IT department use Chrome or Firefox, so they haven't got a leg to stand on, and i understand they have even stopped flagging it up on audits.)

Re:

Just as Chrome and Firefox have bugs, the media just doesn't pick up on it, but Google control a lot of what you end up reading if you use their search or advert or Androids.

It'll be fixed in Edge if not already in the testing code.

To be honest, all operating systems have their issues, and every browser has its issues.

Macs, traditionally thought of as pretty bulletproof, have an increasing number of problems.

I have been using Edge a lot lately, and find it as solid as any of the usual suspects, though rather restrictive.

My go to option is Waterfox, but making sure everything is compatible and consistent across all the popular browsers is still necessary despite most of them being built fairly similarly.

Re:

I use the insider Edge versions and I find myself more and more using it over Chrome.
And I'm a long time chrome user and converted many to it.
But it's so slow, cumbersome and if you want to have a quick browse, Edge is just much quicker and snappier especially on lower powered computers without 16GB of RAM :LOL:

I gave up on Firefox many moons ago, so cannot comment on that now, Opera was always nice though I just never gelled with it. (Apart from mini opera on my old wap/GPRS phone)

Back