Anyone here fly drones?

Re: Re:

iscervo":hgtbeu32 said:
Ah :!: the classic out of context quote ;)
iscervo":hgtbeu32 said:
The correct terminology for these is/should be Multi rotor or Quadcopter depending on how many rotor they have, they can be bought/ built as tri, hex, octo.
That's with respect to consumer buzzword for them and military unmanned aircrafts and toys.

A proper drone would be fully autonomous.
Given it comes from the the term used for ants/bees etc and they get on with it without the queen constantly controlling them.
Or you send out your drone workers to do the repetitive menial tasks.
(The sort of workers that are now replaced by robotics)

Anyway, back to the unmanned flying toys...
I've got a small toy one, fun but wouldn't call it a drone, I'd call it a radio controlled quadcopter.
My friend has a drone, he told it where to go and it went there and did it's job ( which was to go land on some place it shouldn't be*, quite easy to do it seems.)

* Hugh energy generators you wouldn't want to go boom ;-)

Re:

We are considering getting one. There are a number of practical applications. I would like to be able to knock out any other drones going over us. I guess I will need to get a fairly hefty one then. Currently our options are guns, were we unable to identify who was flying them. They are normally cooperative though.

Re:

Some things are worth spending money on.

Crashing one drone into another is less likely to attract prosecution, one would imagine.

Back