Training tips for a race in two weeks, HELP ! !

Midlife":1aq0ire8 said:
Monster dump on the morning of the race .....Less weight to carry around :)

Shaun

After a monster carbo load the night before? :LOL:

Re:

if you're riding 21 miles/day every day, you should have no probs. Unless, some elite ringers turn up ... and even then, they'll just clear off, leaving the other 95% to race amongst themselves.

your only downfall might be if you get coerced into the prev nite's social and cane it.

Re: Re:

pigman":gyb03qug said:
if you're riding 21 miles/day every day, you should have no probs. Unless, some elite ringers turn up ... and even then, they'll just clear off, leaving the other 95% to race amongst themselves.

your only downfall might be if you get coerced into the prev nite's social and cane it.

I won't be doing the Saturday evening shindig. Brighton is NOT my favourite place at any time! I also don't drink alcohol, so another reason not to go to that.

Think I may still do the ride on Saturday, At an easy pace

Mike

Re:

Hi mike :)

Congrats .. :) go for it :)

My advice..

Loose the gear's ,and associated unnecessary components , run 19 mm or 20 mm width hand sewn cotton tubs, up to 150psi, loose the bar tape , remove the covering on any saddle , should you choose to use one, oh! and don't overtrain ;)

Turbo training sessions are an excellent way I've found also :)

Anyway good luck , don't forget if you can wear a skinsuit , that'll shave about 0.05sec's off a quarter of a mile :)

Ian

Re: Re:

pigman":2k74hwjb said:
is it this weekend Mike?
You ready to give/take a caning?

Hi mate,

yes its on Sunday. Looking forward to the race now, lost a couple of lbs too!

Last bit of hill resistance training yesterday, now easy spins to work and back

Mike

Re:

cool

however you get on, hope you come away with a big smile. I used to love racing even tho I was crap

Back