Pay back for LeMond

Re: Re:

mattr":2mb6jms3 said:
M-Power":2mb6jms3 said:
Wheres the outrage over Tommy Simpson, a known Amphetamine user and lets not forget the now shady victory of Wiggo ? who else ?....they must be treated ALL with total contempt. No one rule for one ;)
Ah, someone else who hasn't twigged as to why they came down so hard on Armstrong.

:roll:

:roll: I get the contempt alright. :LOL: Lets all start a strip Wiggo of his knighthood campaign then ;) Brailsford too....too shady ;)

It amazes me the incredible details people recount of all LAs adversaries/team mates and how they would each have won the so many TDFs if only LA hadnt ridden in them. Sure LA was a nasty devious piece of work but its like all celebrity culture, its a miz of media BS ( to sell more ad space/books etc) 1/2 truths, bare faced lies, exaggerations and truth supression as well as fact. Dont believe everything you read. Its like the canonisation of Obama since leaving office. People forget how many hundreds of thousands of people died from his bombs. I hate hypocracy. :LOL:

Re:

Personally I'm not aware of the Sky facts. Not been following the sport as I used to.

What are the facts of that situation?

Mike

Mike Muz 67":17cu4ism said:
Personally I'm not aware of the Sky facts. Not been following the sport as I used to.

What are the facts of that situation?

Mike

I too only pick up fag butts :LOL: It seems its all being hushed hushed. I dont want to believe such negative media speculation about Wiggo etc but my point is the media spin the LA story up so much because it 'sells' He admitted it, he stated the best riders were ALL cheats, they were, mostly have been. Its a brutal gruelling sport. People get sick, injured, have mechanicals, so much rides on success....soo much money involved...media and National hype, the pressure to succeed is unbearable. Add to that he was a come back from cancer survivor, a hero to millions with C....i totally get why he felt the expectation pressure to deliver TDF win year after year, to make his fans continue to believe in 'the dream'

Maybe im just much less judgemental than most on RB :LOL:

Re:

Someone mentioned David Millar and LA as if they equate. The difference between them is Millar was one of the many riders who never wanted to dope but found himself in a dirty game and had to make a choice: dope or ride with huge disadvantage and probably lose his career. He made his choice, however, he has a concience, it broke his heart doing it, was basically relieved when he got caught and became a very active anti-doping campaigner. He tried to reform and be part of the solution.
LA on the other hand brutally gamed the system, was a doping ringleader, actively encouraged and even intimidated others, threatened people, discarded those who'd helped him was an aggressive lying loudmouth. Armstrong doesn't give a f*ck about anyone but himself, he doesn't regret either his misdemenours or his lamentable attitude toward people, he only regrets his 'comeback' and getting caught.
Millar is a decent person, Armstrong is not.
My 10p's worth.

Re:

I'm with the previous poster - Why do we revere Tom Simpson? Doper. Not like it's a secret or questionable either, he died mid race from it. Yet he's a hero, others who doped are vilified. TS should be up there in the Lexicon of dumb dopers with Armstrong, Frank Vandenbroucke, Pantani, diLuca etc should he not?

BigFoz":bgehvlb2 said:
I'm with the previous poster - Why do we revere Tom Simpson? Doper. Not like it's a secret or questionable either, he died mid race from it. Yet he's a hero, others who doped are vilified. TS should be up there in the Lexicon of dumb dopers with Armstrong, Frank Vandenbroucke, Pantani, diLuca etc should he not?

Tend to agree. Assuming they keep the 'winners samples' and top placers for future retesting, i bet many of 'the greats' will be found to have questions to answer. Do we really think the likes of Indurain, did it without any help ? They will prolly just cover it up to protect the brand image of Pro Cycling to sponsors.

BigFoz":2stob0ia said:

TS was only doing what everyone else was doing, as have most dopers in the history of cycling.

It has been said before by others, but I don't have that much of an issue with Armstrongs doping per se. There were far more dopers than clean riders in that era. The bigger problem with Armstrong was with the contempt that he showed to anyone who even suggested what the truth might be. He could have just denied everything and left it at that, but going after folk in the way he did is what makes him a prick.

firedfromthecircus":298fja0t said:
BigFoz":298fja0t said:

TS was only doing what everyone else was doing, as have most dopers in the history of cycling.

It has been said before by others, but I don't have that much of an issue with Armstrongs doping per se. There were far more dopers than clean riders in that era. The bigger problem with Armstrong was with the contempt that he showed to anyone who even suggested what the truth might be. He could have just denied everything and left it at that, but going after folk in the way he did is what makes him a prick.
Yeah,thats what I detest about him,if he held his hands up then fair enough as a lot were at it,but that self righteous sh1t and the way he tried to destroy anyone who dug deeper really makes him totally sinister.

Back