Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Thursday-cold and rainy out, so no ride, however, Gary Fisher dropped by my place to hang out and I got him to autograph a bunch of Repack posters I have. CK already signed them and Joe Breeze will on Friday... :cool:

Attachments

• Gary Fisher.jpg
    Gary Fisher.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 484
Re:

Went out for the annual pilgrimage to find the Kringle tree which I joyously did.

On the return however I was met with a severe bout of systemic catastrophic failure in

the worst way. They just don't make Shimano XT like they used too.

Attachments

• 20161209_145539.jpg
    20161209_145539.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 20161209_133313.jpg
    20161209_133313.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 467
today was race day, with a bit of a retro display thrown in for good measure (and i get to park in the infield)

was going well, stopped for a toilet break and a refuel

trails were ace, flat, twisty but very muddy in places, the lap after this pic, this happened

bloody expensive bike with a snapped mech that struggled with mud (tbf it was really bad in place)

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, after getting permission to swap bikes and having to get back to were the incident happened, furthest point away from the pits i was back out and on it

quick bike demud break and refuel again

all finished, still got 7th place from what i was informed and cant believe how good the saracen was all day, oh yeah i forgot to mention it was a 6 hour endurance race, buggered now haha

Re:

Very cool, Longun- a long time to be racing, hope you didn't break off the hanger...Today-Sunday-Dry today, and to avoid the mud, we rode Iron Springs fire road up into the hills. It drains really well with a 6-7 % grade. Pretty nice when we got up about 900' or so. Warmer up high, but not by a lot. 50 F. when I left for the ride this AM. We found lots mushrooms, of the three you see in the pic, the ones on the left are edible, the middle ones not, and the right side one we haven't identified yet...

Attachments

• Today's mushrooms.jpg
    Today's mushrooms.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Larry.jpg
    Larry.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 441
  • Fairfax Creek.jpg
    Fairfax Creek.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 441
Re:

Today-Friday-After lots of rain this week ( 5 inches yesterday ) the rainfall total is looking good for the year. After yesterday's hard rain, I rode the road about a dozen miles to the Bay and back- it was pretty cool out and really breezy...

Attachments

• Downtown Fairfax.jpg
    Downtown Fairfax.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 418
  • San Anselmo creek.jpg
    San Anselmo creek.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 418
Re:

Today-Saturday-A chilly 52 F. (10C.) and sunny, so we rode straight up to the Council Rocks to keep warm, about 900' steep climb. There was a wildfire last summer just below the Goldman Trail, which acted like a fire break, along with help from fire hoses and an air tanker drop. It was blackened below the trail. So today it looks amazing-even greener than the part above the trail that didn't burn-Nature at it's finest...

Attachments

• Checking the new growth in the burn area.jpg
    Checking the new growth in the burn area.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 406
  • View from the Council Rocks.jpg
    View from the Council Rocks.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 406
Re:

Like the pic above, looks like you're doubled up with laughter!

Meanwhile in the middle of Sweden...
Nearly didn't go out - too cold, too icy, too late - glad I convinced myself.

Attachments

• IMG_5669.jpg
    IMG_5669.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 390
Re:

Oh man-that's a frozen meatball :cool: Today-Sunday-Not nearly as cold here, about 48 F. ( 10 C. ) and sunny. Nevertheless, we were well dressed for the ride here as well. The climb up about 900' warmed us right up, and a long spell in the sun at the top didn't hurt either...

Attachments

• Having fun now.jpg
    Having fun now.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 374
  • Tam today.jpg
    Tam today.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 374
Re: Re:

beepbeep":2yzwpev6 said:
Meanwhile in the middle of Sweden...
Nearly didn't go out - too cold, too icy, too late - glad I convinced myself.

Great shot. It sure must be tough doing the snow riding thing.

Back