Chip on Board (COB) L.E.D lighting technology

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I picked up one these Moon Comet knock-off rear lights from Planet-X a while back for about £3.00: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIJOCANO/j ... able-light

The bracket is pretty shonky, I've had to repair it once already, but F my Bs the lamp is bright, if you look directly at it, it burns and after image on your retina and it's pretty much all you can see for the next 10 minutes.

Re:

I am finding the humble flash light is obsolete for any jobs round the estate now that I have rechargeable led floodlights. The ones they are selling now are even more powerful. Technology really is amazing.

It's not the fact that the individual LEDs are getting brighter. It's just the plummeting costs that get me. The last set of lights I bought, the LEDs retailed at about 30 dollars a pop and the control circuit about 25. So near enough 150 dollars of electronics in the lamp. Rated at 1300 lumens.

You can get the same pack of electronics from somewhere like maplins for £25 now.
I've only had the bloody things three years.

mattr":22i6yqp6 said:
It's not the fact that the individual LEDs are getting brighter. It's just the plummeting costs that get me. The last set of lights I bought, the LEDs retailed at about 30 dollars a pop and the control circuit about 25. So near enough 150 dollars of electronics in the lamp. Rated at 1300 lumens.

You can get the same pack of electronics from somewhere like maplins for £25 now.
I've only had the bloody things three years.

In the industry it's known as Haitz's Law - LED brightness & efficiency doubles every 18 months for the same cost. It is indeed blooming amazing.

Back