legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
...is very possibly off this year.

As some of you may know the Missus runs a busy stall for the two week run up to Christmas each year.

Last year, the shopping centre went through a separate company who operate stall allocation across various shopping centres.

We have our license, the shopping centre is expecting us. Except we had an email last night that we have not been given the space due to a better offer from someone else just two days before we were due to set up.

The centre was expecting us, everything was all arranged and we have spent a lot of money on stock - the company that 'arranges' all this has told us we cant go.

I smell something fishy going on - I dont think there is another stall holder and that the Company want more rent.

Am I correct in thinking that only being given 2 days notice is unreasonable behaviour? Also the Company said that they discussed this in May - I should ask for a full transcript of the conversation as this 'conversation' never happened.

Somethings not right and we stand to lose a considerable amount of money.

...and its resolved! Just.

The shopping centre told the stall company that we were invited regardless.

So, we have our stall for a considerable discount but in a slightly different place.

Few...

If its anything like what a mate of mine goes through every year, they'll have worked out the "popular" locations (high footfall, outside popular shops, near the entrance/lifts etc) and be charging double the normal rate. So it'll be the bigger/more profitable/professional traders taking those. Usually selling utter tat at massive mark ups because it's christmas.

And you get to fill in the rest of the gaps.

Don't be surprised if you end up outside the toilets.
Good footfall, but no one hangs about.

Latest posts

Back