Poll: Should the General and Off Topic section be removed?

Should the General & Off-Topic section be removed from Retrobike?

• Remove it. It's all about the bikes!

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Keep it. I get bored with bikes!

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like to think most people here are interested in behaving nicely. Moderating shouldn't be a big problem, were that the case.

Dickheadism has never been restricted to the off topic area; the personal issues rear their heads again and again across the forums. Hence my reference to the brakes debates.

Some people just seem to relish inappropriate personal interaction; with people they don't know, but feel in a position to abuse.

In a pub, which is a great analogy, these sorts would get sent home early.

Re: Re:

Damn, looks like Retrobike really has gone downhill since last year.

Coincidence with the Brexit and Trump win?

KDM":qnsl9ele said:
If I may comment on the two above posts but in a polite manner as I feel they show a worrying trend on membership of rb.

jm":qnsl9ele said:
I will shoot "Al"...blah blah blah...I'll shoot him anyway.

Now it makes sense!

maxresdefault.jpg

highlandsflyer":3okb2fa1 said:
I like to think most people here are interested in behaving nicely. Moderating shouldn't be a big problem, were that the case.

Dickheadism has never been restricted to the off topic area; the personal issues rear their heads again and again across the forums. Hence my reference to the brakes debates.

Some people just seem to relish inappropriate personal interaction; with people they don't know, but feel in a position to abuse.

In a pub, which is a great analogy, these sorts would get sent home early.

Yeah, I agree-remember "Marin Man" ? He put up 10,000 posts in a year and trolled every forum until he was finally booted... :)

Meh.

I like the Word association game, and I'm pretty sure that 28944 posts and counting is an internet record! lol

Another website I use is aggressively moderated:
Lock a post if it breaches 40 pages.
ANY mention of politics at all (including defence procurement speculation, which as it is an aircraft related site seems a bit silly).
Users banned or blocked for fairly arbitrary reasons.

I would hate Retrobike to end up like this. Pistonheads runs a successful OT Gassing station which does not detract from the rest of the site at all.

So I'm going to vote keep. but I'd not tear my clothes and weep if it disappeared.

Back