Oh good grief...

I have to ride 120 miles before I get on the motorway,so selfish as it is,it's a no from me.Although if they extend the M5 as far as me a South Westerly gale and a lopro would get me to England pretty quick.End to end record would tumble tandem riders could get to Scotland in a day.

It's a bit like having a dog licence, or it now being illegal to smoke in a car when you have kids in it, It doesn't matter how many laws you bring in if you then at the same time, see a reduction of 22,000 police officers throughout the forces since 2010.

In the U.S. they have crap laws but very well funded police forces, in the U.K. we have some very good laws but a greatly underfunded and demoralised police force.

Re:

So how exactly does this cretin propose we instigate this 'law' have a licence plate issued for all the millions of bicycles already in existence ?

It is a legal requirement that cyclists have lights fitted at night already, yet I regularly see many cyclists openly flaunting this law. It is legislation that you must have an 'audible means of approach' fitted to your bicycle how many of us fail on that one ? I know I do :facepalm:

This is, has been, and always will be a totally unworkable idea, to use a phrase popular with politicians now 'END OF'..............

What has always disappointed me with my fellow cyclists is that it is rarely teenagers and kids but most of the lawbreakers tend to be adults who should know better.

Re:

Is the person riding the bike when clipped in, not an audible means of approach.
[WHERE'D THAT FECKING RAT DOG COME FROM] as you screech on the brakes* missing the cretin or it's 100m long lead...

* Also note the second backup tradition retro bike attached audible warning

Re:

Do we get classic bike insurance then? And free tax if it's pre 1988?

It'll never ever happen

Re: Re:

longun":1lfmbrii said:
Do we get classic bike insurance then? And free tax if it's pre 1988?

It'll never ever happen
It's free due to No Emissions anyway. I think you get paid Tax if pre 1988.

Re: Re:

NeilM":2nur7gw9 said:
I think Owen needs a big hug and a nice warm mug of cocoa.
More like a couple of weeks locked in a room with a copy of the road traffic act and related legislation.

Though going by his current level of comprehension, a couple of months wouldn't be long enough.

If he still doesn't get it, electrodes might help.

Back