Today's Ride

Re:

Yeah, I second that. It's cool the different wildlife around the world that we Mtn. bikers see. :cool: Today-Thursday-Up to one of the usual haunts west of town. 54 F. and sunny for the 900' climb to the view spot...

Attachments

• Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 446
  • North Bay.jpg
    North Bay.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Love it here.jpg
    Love it here.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 446
Re:

Today-Friday-Met up with a few of the regular guys below Phoenix Lake and rode up into the Water District with them. Nice out, about 60 F. (15 C.) and sunny...

Attachments

• Back of Bon Tempe.jpg
    Back of Bon Tempe.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Big Bird.jpg
    Big Bird.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Phoenix Lake.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 415
  • By Bon Tempe Lake.jpg
    By Bon Tempe Lake.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Mt. Diablo 25 miles away.jpg
    Mt. Diablo 25 miles away.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 415
Re:

The double hump mountain is Mt. Diablo, and the lower line in front of it is the East Bay hills. This was shot from about 800' up, looking east...

View from Redwire Saddle on the Oaks Fire trail in the Blue Mountains National Park Sydney.

Attachments

• RedwireSaddle-20161203_085037.jpg
    RedwireSaddle-20161203_085037.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 394
Re:

Must be getting warm there this time of year, Mr. Crudley :) - Today-Saturday-Sunny and 60 F. (15 C.), so still pretty warm out for this time of year-we are expecting a cold snap next week for a few days, but I'm making hay while the sun shines...We rode up a convoluted way to the golf course near the lakes, then across to the Big Meadow and the Magic Bridge. The vernal pool at the bridge has gotten pretty big at this point...

Attachments

• Vernal Pool in Big Meadow.jpg
    Vernal Pool in Big Meadow.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Charlie Kelly.jpg
    Charlie Kelly.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 377
  • Skirting the Golf Course.jpg
    Skirting the Golf Course.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Me and CK at the Magic Bridge.jpg
    Me and CK at the Magic Bridge.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 377
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":3lqat0p2 said:
Must be getting warm there this time of year, Mr. Crudley :) - Today-Saturday-Sunny and 60 F. (15 C.), so still pretty warm out for this time of year-we are expecting a cold snap next week for a few days, but I'm making hay while the sun shines...

It was 25C / 77F on Saturday after cool change. It was 38C / 96F on the day of the Kangaroo. I love warm weather but sure ends up making me slower and look for granny gears sooner than I hope :shock:

We rode up a convoluted way to the golf course near the lakes, then across to the Big Meadow and the Magic Bridge. The vernal pool at the bridge has gotten pretty big at this point...

You have some great riding there and looks like plenty of places to see. If I make it to SF again then I'm going to have get up there somehow.

Re:

Today-Tuesday-Chilly out, about 54 F. but sunny. We rode up to the Scout Camp, about 900' climb today. Saw a few passing dark clouds, but it's not supposed to rain until tomorrow afternoon, so a ride tomorrow is a distinct possibility. On the way back down today on Iron Springs fire road, I was leading and I came around a corner at pretty high speed, and there was a pretty big Bobcat sitting in the road, about 50 yards ahead. He took off when he saw me, but was running downhill in the middle of the road and I was catching him quick. He suddenly made a quick jump to the right up a steep bank and disappeared before I could get out the camera. :( We also found some mushrooms, including a variety of Amanita-poisonous, don't eat it. It's the smaller round one in the pic...

Attachments

• mushrooms.jpg
    mushrooms.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Long shadows.jpg
    Long shadows.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 333
  • Storm clouds coming-1.jpg
    Storm clouds coming-1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 333
Back