Didn't see that coming, Nico Rosberg

KDM

Senior Retro Guru
Apparently one of the first things Nico has decided to do after becoming F1 world champion, is retire from Formula 1 :shock:

I don't get it.

Whiny little git, so he is.

I guess he realised he is a nag in a paddock full of stallions. Albeit Shelties.

Re:

Quit at the top. Full respect. I didn't like some of his antics but that's the sign of a champion. I think it shows how much this year took out of him and that his priority is his family.

Cap doffed!

Re:

He's done everything he set out to do, now time for the family. Doesn't need the money, why not retire.

I remember when Marco Simmoncelli died in moto gp in Oct 2011, it upset quite a few moto gp riders and the following year Casey Stoner crashed heavily at indiannapolis. Casey retied at the end of that season with one of the reasons given that he was a young man with a very young family and he wanted to enjoy his family.

I suppose when you are at the top and constantly on the edge of a dangerous sport there becomes a tipping point where the "I see no risk" of youth catches up with you and reality catches up to what you could lose.

Nico has more than enough money, can always come back in a few years but for now family is important. I don't blame him for walking out on a high.

Re:

Not followed F1 for some time, but why risk your life when you're set up for life? Or at least a very long time.
Live chicken, dead hero. Which would you choose?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":23ycudxe said:

Mike
If you need to ask then youll never be the no. 1 at your chosen sports.

The very top sportsmen have talent and brains wited so that nothing other than no.1 is good enough.

I like to quote this, there was survey asking olympic track athletes to choose between being gold medal winner but die at 30 or live a long life., Guess which they chose? (Clue, its not the 2nd one)

Re:

He is number 1 though.

Most sports don't involve taking your life in your hands when you compete

What has he left to prove? That he can be number 1 again and again?

If you had the choice between working, or being wealthy enough to not have to, which would you choose?

Re: Re:

02gf74":1ypqmkyo said:
Mike Muz 67":1ypqmkyo said:

Mike
If you need to ask then youll never be the no. 1 at your chosen sports.

The very top sportsmen have talent and brains wited so that nothing other than no.1 is good enough.

I like to quote this, there was survey asking olympic track athletes to choose between being gold medal winner but die at 30 or live a long life., Guess which they chose? (Clue, its not the 2nd one)

Lucky for Nico he's got past 30. So he's having his cake and eating it I guess.

Cake.. mmmm need a good retro ride again.

Latest posts

Back