How long would you wait for a gold trader to post something?

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Bought an item from here nearly two weeks ago. I paid by bank transfer.

The payment arrived with the seller a week ago last Friday. They said they couldn't post till the Monday, which I thought was fair enough.

No word from them by last Wednesday, so I sent a message. It was something I needed so I said if they hadn't sent them could they return the £40 I paid, as I would have to find one locally.

They sent a nice message back apologising and that they had sent them that very morning. I asked for a tracking number and they said it was sent via their mate's work and they'd get back to me with one last Thursday.

I asked again for the tracking number today. I am hard to find so I need to leave notes on the street outside our house for the courier.

Am I being unreasonable to be annoyed that it has taken so long to get my bits?

What do you think I should do next? I have been buying and selling here for the best part of ten years and this has honestly never happened. Seller is a gold trader here.

Re:

I am the seller and have sent you a PM Chris.

For the record, you never told me you were in a rush for the wheels until last Wednesday, when I'd already dropped them off and the fact you suggested paying via cheque with the additional wait for it to arrive and clear gave me the opposite impression.

As I told you when payment arrived on the Friday, the earliest I could post would be Monday. The reason for this is that I post via a friends work (Member on here who no longer visits very often) due to the superb packaging he has available, which my feedback will back up. Due to childcare issues I couldn't get over to him on the Monday and was at work Tuesday so took them on Wednesday morning, as I told you when I got your PM Wednesday dinner time. He is usually very reliable so I expected them to arrive with you by the end of the week, as I told you. I admit I did not chase him up about the tracking number and apologies for that but I had an extremely busy few days and assumed they had arrived when I didn't hear anything from you until today.

I have not been in contact with my friend since last week but, as I said via PM, I will do so today and reply no later than tonight. If he has forgotten to send them I will be happy to refund you. If he has sent them recently I will give you an ETA. If he sent them last week I will contact TNT to find out where they are.

There's not a lot more I can do mate and for the record I do think you are being somewhat unreasonable starting a post here without waiting for a response to your first PM in nearly a week which was the first to highlight they had not arrived and before giving me any chance to investigate and resolve.

Re: Re:

I deliberately didn't name you in the post. I just wanted to know what to do next, as this has never happened to me before in all the time I've been buying or selling on Retrobike.

More detailed PM back to you. There is no need to air our dirty laundry in public.

Re:

Seems that the delay is down to my poor handwriting leading to an incorrect postcode on the delivery note.

My English teacher will be informed.

Latest posts

Back