bike storage - rack

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm searching for a bike rack for storing bikes indoors. The type I have in mind are the ones with a channel for the wheels, as in the photo below. Ideally the bike to be 45 degrees or a bit more, not vertical.
Semi-Vertical-Racks-with-shelter.jpg

Not keen on the ones that hook onto the wheels but price/availability of the type I'm after may mean I will have to settle for that.

Oh, should have said rack to hold 4 to 5 bikes.

Re:

genuine question - whats wrong with hooking the bike by wheels?
The advantages are cheap - a few bits of studding and some hooks ... probably cost less than £20 and as the bike can hang vertically, it saves space on the one in the picture, where the bike rests away from the wall.

Just a suggestion ... each to their own

What appeals to me about rack with channel is that is supports the rear wheel so the bike is held in place top and bottom.

There is a hook think that hold front tyre agaist wall that im considering or make my own from dexion or wood.

I hang all mine from a wheel (alternating front/rear) never had an issue. Both with really rather heavy bikes (15 kilos +) and really rather light wheels (stans podium etc).

Only thing I don't hang from it are faired carbon rims. But they lived in their own wheel bags on a different hook.
Proper carbon rims I've had no issue with. And never would. The spoke loads the rim bed far higher than hanging a bike off it would.

^^^ yes, that is exactly what i'm looking for, £ 200 is not too outrageous but I've gone for these at £ 11, it is throwaway money in case I don't like them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121286336837

014560%20(3).jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back