What are the Police for?

tonedeaf101":1l0gbur7 said:
Have zero respect for the police. As they have zero respect for the law abiding public. Plebs indeed!

Really? I think your statement is nonsense and very much doubt you'd enjoy living in a country devoid of a police force.

tonedeaf101":37yitn53 said:
Have zero respect for the police. As they have zero respect for the law abiding public. Plebs indeed!

Really. Think about what your typing before you do. Imagine a world with no Police.

As for the Lorry/bike incident. Maybe the lorry didn't have a view of the road enough to anticipate the car coming the other direction. Maybe the patrol car never saw what happened or you. If you have been injured as a result or your bike has been damaged then you should report it as an accident.

maverick":33opvx7m said:
Maybe the lorry didn't have a view of the road enough to anticipate the car coming the other direction.
So they shouldn't have overtaken. It's not rocket surgery.

RadNomad":1a8mphid said:
tonedeaf101":1a8mphid said:

Really? I think your statement is nonsense and very much doubt you'd enjoy living in a country devoid of a police force.

Couldn't agree more!

Who is really the pleb?!

Re:

So I'm not allowed to post my opinion based on my dealings with them as a law abiding citizen then. Didn't realise we had internet police too!

Sorry if it differs to your view, but that is my experience and I can express it if I choose to.

Re:

I have a Panda Car :D

FFTC - report it as accurately as possible and put in a FOI to see the officers' daily reports and car video. You probably wont get them, but the fact you ask will put hairs on edge........especially if you can be absolutely sure the cops saw you.

xxx

Re: Re:

tonedeaf101":3lb6cgwh said:
So I'm not allowed to post my opinion based on my dealings with them as a law abiding citizen then. Didn't realise we had internet police too!

Sorry if it differs to your view, but that is my experience and I can express it if I choose to.

Surprised you've seen one out here :LOL:

If only everyone knew the true state of our society and the completely farcical number of Polce available to be out and about protecting us all.
As in all walks of life there are no doubt good and bad in the police but don't tar them all with the same brush. It's generally those that have a reason not to like the police due to their chosen way of life that abuse them. I am not saying that anyone here is in anyway a bad person of course.

I would hazard a guess that the officers did not witness the incident from their position and hence they drove past and carried on.

When you give up most evenings and weekends, miss out on seeing friends and family at special occasions, see supposedly intelligent human beings at their very worst, witness life, death and everything inbetween and do it all for not that great a wage, I doubt very much the officers ignored this incident. They don't police for the money or to have any power over others, they do it to do the 'right' thing, just like our doctors, nurses, paramedics, fire fighters, armed forces and everyone else who ensures we stay safe as possible. Most importantly they are just human.

Just my 10 pence worth.

RadNomad":19lwc3p6 said:
tonedeaf101":19lwc3p6 said:

Yeah, without the police, who could he call after a burglary to show up 12 hours later and do nothing? "sorry won't be any evidence left love, you'll have contaminated it by now" :LOL:

Back