Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Monday-Still hot here, 88 F. this morning when I left for the ride up to Tamarancho-supposed to hit 97 F. (36 C.) this afternoon later...

Attachments

• Chilling in the shade at the top.jpg
    Chilling in the shade at the top.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 503
Back after work and other things getting in the way - like a holiday too :LOL:

Up the top of Woohoo-ville with no one else around. What is not to like?
There are a few Kangaroo's that live nearby and generally go unnoticed even if it is fairly close to suburbia.

Attachments

• 20160927_070713-v1.jpg
    20160927_070713-v1.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 488
Re:

Today-Tuesday- Hot, 94 F.-Rode up into the Lakes District with Charlie Kelly. On the way up we ran into local frame builder Charlie Cunningham, still recovering from a bad crash last year, but out hiking by himself again...

Attachments

• Charlie Cunningham.jpg
    Charlie Cunningham.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 470
  • CK.jpg
    CK.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 470
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Much cooler, about 84 F. -We rode up about 850' to the Lakes today...

Attachments

• Upper Shaver Grade.jpg
    Upper Shaver Grade.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 451
Re:

Early morning city ride before work, around Cyberjaya a few kms south of Kuala Lumpur. I had to keep up with this roadie on his Cervelo R5, me on my retro MTB with slicks. Phew what a workout, i wheelsucked him for most of the ride, only way to keep up!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 430
Re:

Today-Friday-Cooler and really windy, about 62 F. -This is the first day it feels like Fall around here-The wind was from the West off the ocean, so we hugged the East side of the ridge to the West of town and climbed about 900'...RadNomad- Yeah, I have this habit of throwing my bike down on the ground when we stop, and it uses up the ends of the grips a lot quicker...

Attachments

• On the climb.jpg
    On the climb.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Hills around Fairfax.jpg
    Hills around Fairfax.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 390
Re:

Today-Saturday-We rode up into the Water District-came upon an old electric car from an amusement park stashed along the way to the end of Concrete Pipe Fire road. At the end is where the capped off tunnel comes out of Pine Mtn. from Kent Lake on the other side...

Attachments

• Old Bridge.jpg
    Old Bridge.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Pine Mtn. Tunnel.jpg
    Pine Mtn. Tunnel.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Amusement Park Car.jpg
    Amusement Park Car.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 360
Re: Re:

RadNomad":37kow8x2 said:
Early morning city ride before work, around Cyberjaya a few kms south of Kuala Lumpur. I had to keep up with this roadie on his Cervelo R5, me on my retro MTB with slicks. Phew what a workout, i wheelsucked him for most of the ride, only way to keep up!

Nice early Lotto jersey ;)

Just need an MBK for full effect ! :LOL:

This afternoon, went out as is was cooling down. Mr Muz doesn't function so well when it's over 20 degrees!
Up through Angmering Park Estate,

WP_20161002_16_20_47_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Into my neck of the woods!

A bit squidgy in places, after some heavy rain yesterday.

WP_20161002_16_31_19_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Lovely and quiet, few people about, just as I like it :cool:

Stopped for a quick look at the part of the South Downs where I was heading.

WP_20161002_16_40_03_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Not realizing that the back tyre was going down as I took the photo :facepalm:

Rolled on a few metres to some grass where I actually mended the tube as it was so nice. Put the spare in and carried on.
Up to the South Downs Way, and along the ridge top before heading back. With the rear tyre softening again! :roll:
I had got the culprit out from the first one , just bad luck. Thankfully, I was only a descent away from home by this stage, so having pumped it up a few times. Got back on it. Washed the bike, noticing a thorn in the front tyre as well! :evil: :facepalm: Aaaaargh!
So, two punctures to mend tomorrow.

Mike

Back