Mansion Tax, Oh Boy What A Gaff!

Re: Re:

CTK":2q2omlnw said:
Better than taking money off poor people surely? ie bedroom tax. How much is it going to be?

The bedroom tax is designed to get the Brits with small families out and the immigrants with large families in.

Labour should be figuring out how to tax us less, not more. I'll not hold my breath, but if you're listening Ed... stop spending money we don't have you cretinous ****.

That goes for you too Dave.

PS: I love Andrew Neill.

Thank god for rich people, can remember a program few years back that explained exactly ware all the tax collected came from,,think the top five% of the population contribute over 50% of the tax collected lots low paid worker contribute little to no tax at all. And so they shouldn't . One tax for all ,,,,10. K or million pounds it should be the same across the board..

highlandsflyer":2v8566ey said:
The idiocy of it is that it could be taking money off 'poor' people. £20,000 a year from a household who happen to live in a house that has a value arbitrarily attached to it thanks to an artificially stoked housing market.

That could be several generations of the same large family living together who happen to have a large house they scrimped and scraped for and are trying to live in it as a home.

Why should they be penalised because they choose to live together?

We call that council tax around here. Pay more depending on a perceived value of the building you are living in at some point in time.

A stupid way to tax people, but it is simple to implement.

FluffyChicken":rj0axfjn said:
A stupid way to tax people, but it is simple to implement.
This. The poll tax was unquestionably fairer, but people move and houses tend to stay where they are.

sparkiegaz":1bgwjfu6 said:
think the top five% of the population contribute over 50% of the tax collected

Yes but the the top 10% of wealthy people have 90% of the wealth.

The mansion tax is a bit daft isn't it? I think its a good idea to tax very wealthy people more but this arbitrary £2mil line doesn't work- people are going to be filling in swimming pools, knocking down stable blocks etc lol

Windows tax all over again.

I don't agree with wealth taxes in principle. Or graduated income taxes for that matter. Or council tax. Or tax credits. Or inheritance tax.

Simplify. Steal less tax. Do less government.

CTK":35ow03mu said:
people are going to be filling in swimming pools, knocking down stable blocks etc lol

Exactly! Or keeping pigs! (When I was a lad we put pigs in our fields and neighbouring houses objected, claiming it would lower their property values. Move back to the town then!)

Down here in leafy West Sussex, they're building three bedroom houses for £½m and no gardens and one car space. Do the math... :roll:

The local school, surgery, NHS dentist, drainage systems, traffic flow etc. all can't cope.

The jobs on offer are minimum wage and filled by immigrants. The local carboot on a Sunday is crammed with our European cousins whom have nothing to offer this country regarding a trade or skills.

They don't need new houses as there are plenty that could be repaired to home families, but why are they building new ones anyway?

Ah yes, to house all the illegals and make a bit of money from them. :facepalm:

Lets face it; there is no UK industry anymore, just coffee and charity shops, so the government have to make their money from somewhere...

Back