Scottish IndepenDENce YES or NO?

YES or NO?, And What If DevoMax Was Offered?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • DevoMax

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • DGAF

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Bless you for thinking we care ,I am embarrassed that the party leaders made the trip most of us don't care we are just bored of the moaning and can't wait to see you all driving round in expensive cars and generally rolling in the money we normally steal off you ...get real
I am serious though I hope you vote yes and I wish you all the best maybe it will cheer you all up.

Re: Scottish Indepence YES or NO?

If I had been around, I would have supported Scottish independence in 1297. I also believe it was unfortunate that the Welsh archers showed up in support of the Edward the 1st in 1298, and it was a mistake that James V1 of Scotland moved his court to down to London after he inherited the English throne.

I can also see that from Thatcher onwards several Westminster governments have produced policies that favored South East England. And this has led to the point we are today with so many Scots disillusioned with the notion of a United Kingdom of such unequal partners. But now that the Westminster elites have finally got the message, Scots can either choose to use their new found influence as part of the UK, or to go it alone.

That an independent Scotland where a mixture of high taxes and higher borrowing can solve all the problems is an illusion. It is a policy that is highly likely to scare away both investors and businesses. And in a globalised world were economic status is important, I cannot see how Scottish independence will have anything but a "lose-lose" outcome for both the Scots and remainder of the union.

But if you do decide to go it alone, I wish you luck, and sincerely hope that you prove me wrong.

Who else is starting to find the whole thing irritating? (complaints to the usual address)

Re: Re:

captaincosmic":3pnvxbl3 said:
My Scottish Ancestors would have voted yes as they were Highlanders

Eh? Rubbish. Plenty of Highlanders have the intelligence to see through the Braveheart / Salmondspeak pie in the sky idealism and have already voted No.

And LGF... you have no idea how irritating I am finding the whole thing (living up here there is no escape.) I voted ages ago, no idea why everybody else hasn't got it over with yet. It's not like the arguments are getting any more convincing or coherent - the Yes camp's idiotic misty-eyed baseless wishful thinking on one side and on the No side Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, David Cameron, Nick Clegg - say no more. It's enough to make me consider emigrating to get away from the whole trainwreck...

Re:

I can't help but think as the make your mind up time approaches there will be a massive swing to No.
Reality bites!

It's Friday. It's five to five.......

And it's back to v brakes or cantis.

Meet the new boss......

* Use of the word English is not to imply the English peoples but Westminster and Parliament.
No insult intended :cool:

Some of my beast friends are English :p

And in 200 or however many years it takes that the oil has been bled out, where will Scotland get investment ? What will be the next industry Westminster will use ? Our forestry ? Our wind and water energy potential, and again the money will flow out of Scotland and down south to pay their bills.

I can only think of Independence in the long game. Left to our own devices i know that Scotland will grow strong and rich and without the horrific legacy of the English empire.
It will be difficult of that we all are aware and will cope even if that takes years. But we WILL cope .
Look at this tiny country's long record of inventions and achievements. All the big names are Scottish-Thomas Telford,Alexander Graham Bell,Adam Smith,and in our incredible list of achievements are things people wouldnt naturally associate.
So apart from the well known we also invented Cycling,football(inc Aussie rules)golf,the television,the MRI and ultrasound scanners and technology,does all not tell you something about the Scots when left to themselves.

Contrary to popular belief, we did not invent copper wire.
This was a myth pervaded by the English, when in fact the complete opposite is true .
and also contrary to popular belief we did not invent everything, just most of it.

We want our industry back and the only way we'll get the investment(as the talent is already there) is to be an independent nation.
I URGE the undecided to vote yes by putting the correct mark in the correct box.

If it all goes wrong theres always a spare room at Sean's
Seriously though if it did(which it wouldnt of course) England would jump at the chance to reunite. Think about that. They are so desperate to make the Scottish voters vote NO that they are offering the earth, and on the same breath claiming any YES result would be permanent.
I suppose there we would have the scenario England faced trying to get the USA to enter the 2nd world war lol we'd ha' to agree to aboot anythin'.

Righto, who'd like to answer :D

dyna-ti":1lcwh6es said:
grumpycommuter":1lcwh6es said:
I hope this doesn't mean that the price of shortbread will rocket.

Youll have to make youre own then like the rest of us :D Though due to product copyright unless it was baked in Scotland by a Scot, its not Scottish Shortbread and can only be classed as a lowly biscuit :?

Does this also apply to oat cakes?

grumpycommuter":3c59b4mi said:
dyna-ti":3c59b4mi said:
grumpycommuter":3c59b4mi said:
I hope this doesn't mean that the price of shortbread will rocket.

Youll have to make youre own then like the rest of us :D Though due to product copyright unless it was baked in Scotland by a Scot, its not Scottish Shortbread and can only be classed as a lowly biscuit :?

Does this also apply to oat cakes?

No. Oat cakes are universal
Only shortbread made from ingredients grown in Scotland and baked in Scotland and most importantly, pricked by a Scottish fork can be deemed Scottish Shortbread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back