Proflex 855 perfect - how much

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The workshop clearour continues....

In boxes there is a compete proflex855 - the light one. Was just under 26 lbs stock and a bit lighter with some aftermarket add ons.

This was bought by me in 1995 at Magic Cycles - hence the M stickers on the forks. I used it on the South Downs, where it was an utter speed machine. Set up with one third sag - no one talked about sag then apart from two or three of us - it was a blast. Since I had a ridiculous number of bikes - errr still do - this was used alongside Marin Titanium, Marin Team, Orange of many types - and thus is still immaculate. Nuke Proof hubs and mavic rims, xtr here and there, lx elsewhere, wtb front, psycho rear. Of course the inevitable happened.....the elastomers packed up and went hard. I stripped the bike. Packed it in oil rags, and that was that. Only this weekend I have started to put it together. I have every part, they are just a bit distributed in boxes at the moment. It will be like the day it came out of the factory, bar the hard elastomers. Also it has a smattering of mint sauce stickers including the rare black outline ‘summer’ Female figure. Lovely.

Here is the frame but the bike will be built up to complete over the next two weeks after I do some digging in the boxes....

Sooooooo..........how much?

Attachments

• DC9406EC-26CE-427C-A2F3-4FB30D0B90A0.jpeg
    DC9406EC-26CE-427C-A2F3-4FB30D0B90A0.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 683
  • 6785BD8D-D163-4B75-8A7D-CA735729E783.jpeg
    6785BD8D-D163-4B75-8A7D-CA735729E783.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 682
They seem to go for around the £200 mark these days, a bit more for the 855/6 models like yours and with the parts you listed then you might get lucky and have a couple of people bid it up on ebay. id say around £3-350.

Re:

You might make more cash, and save time, by forgetting about building it up and selling as individual parts.

Back