KONA Cinder Cone

CraigMTB

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

My first post on RetroBike!

I am hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I have acquired a Kona Cinder Cone MTB and i am wondering what it might be worth if i was to move it on or if it is something i should get my teeth in to and start a project (if time allows me).

The overall condition is good however it could could do with some work on the gears and the brakes.

19" Frame
Not sure on colour

Link to pictures on Google Drive: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eQ7gTbNS5DMMX2789

Would really love some expert knowledge, views/opinions and selling price for this bike.

I look forward to speaking with you all

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 726
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 726
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 726
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 726
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 726
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 726
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 725
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 725
Hi and welcome to RB :)

Having a quick look through sold bikes of similar age i would say around the £120 mark, but obviously spec and demand can change the value. If it was a retro model pre '97 then they can fetch a bit more if original. This being a modern version is harder to judge, a frame the same as yours sold for £20 recently for example where as someone is selling the same bike for £220, i say selling, that seems a bit high to me, probably why it hasnt sold.

Also see if you can get the post moved to the '98+ section where someone may be able to give a more accurate valuation :)

mark

Back