Klein Attitude Race

mdturner

Klein Fan
I've owned this bike from new, bought approx 1999. It's been in constant use so most of the original components have been replaced and upgraded. The frame is in excellent condition and the original paintwork still looks good with only a few minor scratches. The down tube has a very small dent which I caused the very first time I clamped the bike to the car rack. The bike is very light and it's covered many mile over the years on forest roads & gravel tracks. The purchase of a Specialized Diverge last year has resulted in this classic Klein sitting unused and lonely in the shed. :(
Pace RC31 rigid carbon forks.
XTR V brakes.
Zee 1X10 derailleur and crankset with Hope wide / narrow 32t chainring.
3t carbon seat post.
2 year old handbuilt wheelset (Deore xt, Mavic rims)
I want to post this bike in the `for sale' section but I'm told that I need to ask for a guide price in this section of the forum??

Attachments

• Klein4.JPG
    Klein4.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 607
  • Klein3JPG.JPG
    Klein3JPG.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 607
  • Klein2.JPG
    Klein2.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 607
  • Klein1.JPG
    Klein1.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 607
Seems only right I try and offer some opinion here!

Sometimes splitting the bike makes a little more money as sometimes people want the parts. The XTR levers and v brakes will sell no problem - I'd say about £80-£120 depending on condition. Forks too would likely go for the same. Frame I don't know, you could try £120 but I'm not sure on it's exact value being post Trek era... Maybe £400-550 all in...?

Interested to see what others think as I may be way off the mark here...

Back