Custom Kona Hot TET framed 1995 is retiring from my service.

jonboy97480

Retro Newbie
This bike was built up from THT #799 by Bicycle Coop, Albuquerque for the shop owner. I saw the bike and was flipped out by the build and the price! My wife bought it for my birthday! She even wangled money off. I'll do the best I can with the parts list:
custom
  • 16" TET from with custom South West paint job (one of a kind)
    Bike was built with Titanium components. Since that time, I have changed out the
    front fork with a Rockshock. but no fear I still have the original Marzocchi XC400 shock that came standard in 1995. I made a lamp out of it, but it is original shape and still has the XTR brake set with Titanium adjusters, can go with the bike or not?
    Nuke proof hubs, but the front one nuked :D and it has a shimano replacement up front. Rear one still holding up well.

• I am getting too old for a classic hard tail, but I still can't find a Bike I like riding more. It is a true masterpiece.
      I'm sure many questions if you are interested. I will take bids. This bike begs to be ridden!

Jonboy 97480

You need a firm asking price please mate. Bids are for eBay ;)

raidan73":23qel59z said:
You need a firm asking price please mate. Bids are for eBay ;)
Greetings,
I am having problems parting with it as I'm the only one who has ridden this masterpiece. I know you have VAT issues and transport issues. My wife paid $4,000 US currency in 1995. I have ridden the bike since, but it has been parked mostly since my shoulder replacement in 2006.

To tell you the truth I just don't know what it is worth. I'll send some more pictures. I am not on eBay with this bike. This is a conversation, not a $$ without discussion.

Cheers,

Jon Penhallurick (yep Cornish history!)

I'll shift you over to the 'how much is my.....worth' section for now and then you can start afresh in the sale section once you've figured a fair price :)

Back