Saracen Coors Limited Edition (mid 90s?)

locallad001

Retro Newbie
Evening all. Just wonder if any of the gurus on here can add any more information to what I already know ... and give a best guess as to the value. This bike was a Daily Star / Coors lager promotion competition prize in mid 1990s. According to my brother, who won the bike, there were only 5 made to this spec / colour (gold / blue) and each was the prize on the 5 consecutive days of the competition. I have only ever seen one other advertised and it had various unsympathetic alterations. This is as made / delivered (other than tyres). Basically a Saracen frame, seat and bars and all the rest is Shimano (wheels; gears; cranks). 21 speed grip shift changers. Little used (less than 200 miles). Not mint as it has suffered a few minor bashes in the garage and has had to cope with several house moves, but still very tidy and runs as new. Any advice / comments appreciated. (Oxford, UK)

Attachments

• IMG_1768 2 .jpg
    IMG_1768 2 .jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • IMG_1769 2 .JPG
    IMG_1769 2 .JPG
    508.8 KB · Views: 1,022
Re: Coors retro bike

We have one of these bikes. My husband won in a pub comp in London bar back in 90's. It is in good condition. Is it worth anything?

Back