Value of a 1994 Hartmann RAM Carbon on Spengle MTB3s?

zlip

Retro Newbie
Hi, my name is Zoltan and I have a cool retro MTB (used to be my dad's bike) that I might sell. I just need some orientation from you guys concerning the price tag...

The bike itself is a Hartmann RAM Carbon MTB from around 1994 in a very nice, solid shape with its originial carbon fork, Spengle MTB3 wheels, period correct shimano V-brakes and Deore stuff (LX & XT). Sold as is, won't separate the wheels or any other parts.

What do you think? thank you in advance,
Zoltan

Attachments

• hartmann  ram carbon (1).JPG
    hartmann ram carbon (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,092
What a black beast :cool:!
Would look the bomb on a bike rack on the back of the car that the PotUS tends to drive around in..
I'm afraid I can't help wrt pricing, but guess it should fetch a few hundred quid easily!

not wishing to split hairs - If the Vbrakes are original and there is no Cantilver bridge on the rear the frame has to be 1996 onward as prior to this there were no Vbrakes

Re:

Sold mine for about £450 frame only, must have been about 10 years ago mind.

Re:

Thanks for the input guys. I am pretty sure it is not for everybody but has a character for sure :) IIRC my dad bought the frame initially than his friend, a bike shop owner completed the bike with wheels and all the stuff you see on the picture...so the frame can be from 1994, 2 years on the shelves than put together in 1996 or so, not sure. But what I do know for sure it was put together like this for the first time and has been used since then by the only one owner, my dad. 450£ 10 years ago was seroius money! I had offers locally in the 700-800 EUR range that I rejected as I think with these wheels it should be in the four digit range...of course I could be wrong

Re:

I think the offers you had were fair.
You may get more splitting the bike, but you stated you did not want to do that.

Re: Re:

jimo746":1hoy8snj said:
I think the offers you had were fair.
You may get more splitting the bike, but you stated you did not want to do that.

yeah and you sell it to someone who tells you they will treasure it and within a few weeks you see bits of it all over ebay and work out they pulled your pants down spanked your arse and walked away with a tidy profit

I'm not interested in it whole or as parts - so as a neutral I have to say the wheels are what people will buy if for and keep - and the rest will be parted out to get their money back

It makes me sad to see what the likes of "Grannie gear" do but then I too have fuelled this market by buying repeatedly from the Pro's Closet :oops:

Personally I'd keep hold of it or part it out yourself and use the money to benefit you and your family rather than someone elses

Re:

Hmm, thanks for your thoughts again.

I rejected the previous offers because i had the exact same feeling & I still belive that there might be somebody out there who is willing to buy it as is. On the other hand I have bought my 2018 Cube for similar ammount and that is a good quality mass product, but nothing special at all. Bit now I am courious, what would you say for the main parts if sold separately?

Back