Marin Pine Mountain 1993

Springbank

Retro Newbie
Hi guys. New to the forum, so please be gentle! :LOL:

Looking for some advice as to what my 1993 Pine mountain may be worth.

Owned this since 1996, when I purchased from a mate, but not ridden in anger (other than a trip or two the shops recently) in 15 years. Its just been gathering dust at my parents garage and I'm being told it has to go!

Obviously it has signs of ageing (see pics for details) and needs some TLC........but I'm sure someone could restore back to its original condition.

As far as I can remember, everything is original, (apart from maybe the seat and seat post?) but I'm sure the experts on here will put me right if not.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• marin 1.png
    marin 1.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,307
  • marin 2a.png
    marin 2a.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,306
  • marin 3.png
    marin 3.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,304
  • marin 4.png
    marin 4.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,305
  • marin 5.png
    marin 5.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,304
  • marin 6.png
    marin 6.png
    54 KB · Views: 1,304
  • marin 7.png
    marin 7.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • marin 8.png
    marin 8.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,306
As is often the advice on here, if your priority was getting as much as possible for it, you would make more money splitting it and selling the components separately. However, there are plenty of reasons not to do that, such as wanting it to stay together and be appreciated as the bike it is, not wanting to go through the hassle of dismantling it, wanting a quicker sale or not wanting to have to deal with lots of different transactions or postage.

As it is, my estimate would be £120-£160, maybe upper end depending on your location and offering postage (a fairly certain way of increasing the price) and based on it looking in pretty good condition. People with more Marin experience may be able to give you a better estimate, but it is a nice bike and will hopefully go to a good home.

In terms of how to sell, I'd always advertise on here first (must be at a specific price) because if you can sell it here you are far less likely to have issues with the buyer than on Ebay and it avoids fees, but in terms of maximising price, Ebay is probably the way to go, although after fees I am not sure the difference is much.

Re:

Really appreciate you taking the time and effort to respond.
Thanks again for the advice.
I’ll probably set up an advert on here shortly then.
If anyone is interested then please feel free to drop me a message.
Ps. I’m in Leeds

Marin owner here :)
Agree with the price estimate, I’ve been watching a few not sell for £200
although condition of the purple bits looks good so possibly you could see £180 with a tail wind. Though best to assume you’ll get knocked down a bit.
As above people like bikes posted, as people are lazy.
eBay reaches more buyers of course, so ultimately should mean a better price

Re:

Just sold a completely original one for £150 on ebay.

seems cheap for such a nice riding quality bike.

Back