Saxon Twin Tube

Kelvin16

Retro Newbie
Hi There,
I have inherited my late Father-in-Law's Saxon twin tube racing bike. I know it was hand built to his specification in Cardiff, I guess in the 1940's as that was when he was racing. Other than that I know little about it. I know he had it restored in the 1980's but never used it much and it has been in storage for at least 15 years. I want to sell it as I don't use it and need the money. It looks in fantastic condition, it has the original Brooks leather saddle, Weinmann Vanqueur 999 brakes and a Shimano Crane GS 5-speed deraillieur. I would appreciate it if one of you experts could tell me it's approximate value. I attach a few photos.
Thank you in anticipation,
Kelvin.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 922
  • Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 920
  • Twin tube.jpg
    Twin tube.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 920
  • Gears.jpg
    Gears.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 920
Re:

Hi Kelvin,
it is firstly in the wrong section as it is a road bike, but it is a rare 1953 ( serial number ) Claud Butler built Saxon, which as you point out is in good 'upgraded' condition. The market is narrow, and it probably would go to a collector, I would love it, but the price would be the issue, as I see it in the £600 - £1000 range. I hope this helps, Terry

Re:

The place to go for this could be here...HERE
I'm not sure tho, it's a place I rarely visit so please don't shoot me if I'm wrong! ... :?

Back