Roberts dogs bolx

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2mwix22m said:
It's a difficult one as it will be highly desirable so could easily be worth 1k+ IMO buuuuuuut, since it was outed on the site for being a mega bargain when you got it that could make some people reluctant to pay big buck (on Retrobike) which may limit your market.

Best thing to do would be to list it on ebay with a great description + low start price and then make sure interested parties are informed you've listed it.

I'd love it myself but imagine it'd be out of my price range.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not a fan of Ebay, but I did go down that route it would probably be a frame only sale. It is only a thought at the mo and also possibly a way to get a valuation for insurance purposes. Unfortunately it has turned into another ornament for the Mrs to dust.

doublemintys":6u5dal3e said:
MatBH5":6u5dal3e said:
No idea, but interested to see what the wisdom of Retrobike is...
This is why ???

I think that’s a Mint Sauce quote!

Anyhow, just trying to say that it’s difficult to know what the value should be as an ex-pro bike, with the Jo Burt doodles too. I’d love it, but won’t be able to afford it I’m sure!
Given there are members who have previously bought such rare frames, I’d guess that someone in Retrobike could hold up an example.
I reckon a Bolx frame from ‘91 in decent condition, no fork, classic colour scheme would be £350-£400?

Re:

Before selling to the public, I'd contact Dave and Jo to see if they'd be interested in owning it. Seems like the right thing to do.

Popular decision or not, its worth well north of a grand. You obviously picked up an amazing bargain on this, but someone has too. Equally if you cant ride it, then sell it in my opinion. I don't think you should feel ashamed to make a profit on your good fortune, providing it goes to a good home. Just my ten pence.

doublemintys":36tprjhj said:
Now on the bay

Already spotted on the eBay watch page here :D

Good luck with the sale...and let me know if you'd swap it for an actual dog. With no BOLX, ironically.

I'm pretty sure I remember this being reviewed in (maybe) MBUK in about 1992. I don't think it had that stem though! Goo dluck with the sale -- sorry you have to let it go.

Back