How much is my 1998 Marin Rift Zone worth?

r111ch

Retro Newbie
I've owned a '98 Marin Rift Zone from new. In '99 I upgraded all the components and wheels to XT. It was used until 2001 when I moved away from North Wales and has had very little use since then. I changed the right thumb shifter for a more recent Deore shifter as the old one was slipping but I still have it. I even bought a second set of WTB Veloceraptor tyres back in the day which I've fitted and they are perfectly serviceable. I have the original manual, owners card and data tag stuff.......
As I'm not using this bike and raising funds for another bike....how much do you think this bike is worth?

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,110
I recently bought a Marin Mount Vision with a similar spec but Bombers on which was £200. There was a Rift Zone Frame sold without the rear shock for £130 on ebay (the seller prices things very high though) so somewhere between that. It looks very tidy and a 17" frame so probably more sellable than my 19" Mount Vision.

Re:

As above, have bought an OK mount vision for 200 and have bought an OK mount vision for 120. That's full bikes with decent kit. Have sold a mount vision frame for 120, sold another one for 60 so it really is a broad value range.

If you want to sell quick be prepared to not necessarily achieve a great price. If it's tidy price it for sale accordingly and you may have to wait for the buyer to come along.

Check out the for sale threads on here and always worth a look through the completed listings on the auction sites to see what people are asking and more importantly what buyers are prepared to pay.

Back